Contribute
Register

Upgrading from Mojave > What Catalina Version of Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Which version of Clover bootloader is recommended to upgrade from Mojave 10.14.5 to the latest available Catalina. Clover_v2.4k_r4988 does not work at all not even with Mojave it seems.

Greetings

Use 4982. Just in case, if you are using BrcmPatchRAM you will need to use the BrcmPatchRAM_Catalina to get bluetooth working.

Which version of Clover bootloader is recommended to upgrade from Mojave 10.14.5 to the latest available Catalina.

Clover v2.4k_r4961 from tonymacx86 Clover Builds seems to work OK also. Be sure to add FakeSMC.kext and replace the config.plist file, as mentioned in Step 2 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...catalina-public-beta-installation-usb.278188/

Anybody using a mobo with a Z390 chipset or other second generation 300 series board, e.g., ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming, may want to use Clover v2.4k_r4961 with Emulated NVRAM (in tonymacx86 Clover Builds) to solve the shutdown and restart issues. Recommend using Clover with Emulated NVRAm on the USB installer stick during a fresh install on these boards.

Last edited:
Hi @tecnicasopr and @NZRichard Thanks, will follow your advice indeed. Currently cleansing :) CCC backups of my rigs of any 32 bit apps. When completed I will give Catalina beta, whatever, a try.

Greetings

Currently cleansing :) CCC backups of my rigs of any 32 bit apps.

Might be worth checking if Clover is a 32-bit app. Could not run latest Clover in Catalina - workaround: copied EFI folder from USB installer stick to EFI partition on internal drive - bingo!

Might be worth checking if Clover is a 32-bit app. Could not run latest Clover in Catalina - workaround: copied EFI folder from USB installer stick to EFI partition on internal drive - bingo!
The latest Clover version 4988 on Sourceforge seems to have a major problem, it fails to boot into any of my Mojave 10.14.5 rigs. Presently using 4982, as was suggested by @tecnicasopr. The official Clover release is 64 bit. 32 bit drivers are not even included anymore. Slice discontinued compiling 32 bit Clover versions quite some time ago.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back