Motherboard
MSI Z170-A
CPU
Intel i6700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070 8G Windforce OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I upgrade using UniBeast from 10.9 to 10.10, will that erase my data that is already on my computer? Will I have to redo the entire setup? Any help would be appreciated.

I am wondering the same thing...

No it will not. I just successfully did the upgrade.

Follow the instructions. You simply skip the instructions that say to go to disk utility. Basically as soon as you are presented with installer for Yosemite press continue and it will perform an upgrade.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Important steps are to reset Bios to defaults (I thought it wouldn't be required since I had a working mavericks system but I couldn't boot from Flash drive). Remove all ram except for 1 stick. (I didn't do this initially and got errors when trying to boot.

I also ran into a problem with reboot after running multibeast. On reboot it would freeze on apple load screen. I reinstalled Yosemite update and ran multibeast again(slightly different options) and it rebooted fine.

Daniel

Follow the instructions. You simply skip the instructions that say to go to disk utility. Basically as soon as you are presented with installer for Yosemite press continue and it will perform an upgrade.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Important steps are to reset Bios to defaults (I thought it wouldn't be required since I had a working mavericks system but I couldn't boot from Flash drive). Remove all ram except for 1 stick. (I didn't do this initially and got errors when trying to boot.

I also ran into a problem with reboot after running multibeast. On reboot it would freeze on apple load screen. I reinstalled Yosemite update and ran multibeast again(slightly different options) and it rebooted fine.

Daniel

Why the RAM thing? Is that only an issue on an upgrade? I installed Mavericks from scratch and didn't touch my RAM (didn't know it might be an issue). Just curious.

Daniel

What was the size of your memory with just one stick? for some folks it might be too small.

Yeah I think it might be something with his specific hardware configuration. I wouldn't mess with any hardware unless you have problems during or after the upgrade.

Just upgraded from Maverick to Yosemite, using Unibeast. Flawless (excepting my setup requires a GraphicsEnabler=Yes, so I had to enter it when running Unibeast bootup phase).

My setup is as described in my signature.

(Btw, iMessage is not functional)

Unfortunately my upgrade failed. I now am receiving a message that it can't find kernel Mach when the system starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back