Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTS 250
Hey Hackintoshers!
I've had a lovely little hackintosh running since 2010, currently running Mavericks 10.9.5 with no real complaints, BUT some of the newer software I want to run is now requiring OSX 10.10+, soooo I'm finally looking at a few upgrade options, and I'd love some advice from the crowd, if you would be so kind :)

I thought about just buying a new machine, but given the fact that bitcoin miners are hoarding all the good graphics cards these days, and any of the available ones are drastically overpriced, I figured I might as well just stick with my current hardware for a little while longer.

Currently rocking the following specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
GPU: XFX Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 w/ 1GB RAM, PCIe X16
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12 GB DDR3
System Drive: Sandisk 240GB SSD

What I'd like to know... has anyone successfully upgraded from Mavericks to High Sierra using the App Store? I think I probably already know the answer to this. I thought about cloning my drive and attempting an update, but since I'm using the older Chameleon bootloader, I'm assuming I should probably get a new SSD and just do a *fresh* install using Clover. Will my hardware work with High Sierra? I guess what I'm mainly asking is... what would YOU do if you were me? :-D

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back