Graphics
AMD Radeon™ HD 6570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there. I've been using Lion on my old CPU (Intel Celeron G540) a few months without a problem. Recently I bought a new CPU (Intel i7 3770K) to make an improvement but when I change the CPU, Lion won't boot; it doesn't even get to the Apple Logo screen. I get to the bootloader and I can see the HD with Lion but it doesn't matter the flags I use to boot, after I press enter it will restart. Using -v -x -f starts loading all the kext but then it reboot.

I don't know what to do at the moment. I can't find anything online other than reinstalling, that's my last resource but I want to fix it and save all that time.

Could anyone help me? What should I do?

System specs:
CPU: Intel® Celeron® Processor G540 (2M Cache, 2.50 GHz)
CPU (to use): Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
MB: MSI H61M-P20 G3 (...I know...)
RAM: 4GB 1333 Mhz

Hello there. I've been using Lion on my old CPU (Intel Celeron G540) a few months without a problem. Recently I bought a new CPU (Intel i7 3770K) to make an improvement but when I change the CPU, Lion won't boot; it doesn't even get to the Apple Logo screen. I get to the bootloader and I can see the HD with Lion but it doesn't matter the flags I use to boot, after I press enter it will restart. Using -v -x -f starts loading all the kext but then it reboot.

I don't know what to do at the moment. I can't find anything online other than reinstalling, that's my last resource but I want to fix it and save all that time.

Could anyone help me? What should I do?

System specs:
CPU: Intel® Celeron® Processor G540 (2M Cache, 2.50 GHz)
CPU (to use): Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
MB: MSI H61M-P20 G3 (...I know...)
RAM: 4GB 1333 Mhz

Did you update or check to make sure the Bios on the mobo is going to be compatible with your new cpu? I'm not sure but you may want to see what else might be needed via Multibeast to use it....i.e..the ivy support kext in there. I forget which one it is off hand but it's probably the one in the link in the post above mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back