CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed High Sierra on my Hackintosh originally (in 2017), but it didn't play nice with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

I downgraded to Sierra 10.12.6 and it all worked very smoothly after some trial and error.

Now, a few years later, I'd like to update as modern as possible in as few leaps as possible.

Is it possible to just jump up to the most recent update in one go?

Thanks

I installed High Sierra on my Hackintosh originally (in 2017), but it didn't play nice with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

I downgraded to Sierra 10.12.6 and it all worked very smoothly after some trial and error.

Now, a few years later, I'd like to update as modern as possible in as few leaps as possible.

Is it possible to just jump up to the most recent update in one go?

Thanks
if you change your nvidia card to an amd you can

if you change your nvidia card to an amd you can

I can't update to any newer version of OSX without changing my graphics card? Did NVIDIA cards get pretty much unsupported then?

I can't update to any newer version of OSX without changing my graphics card? Did NVIDIA cards get pretty much unsupported then?
high sierra is the latest version when using nvidia cards that need web driver

high sierra is the latest version when using nvidia cards that need web driver
well damn. that's a shame. And high sierra didn't work well at all when I tried. Did the web driver get some updates since 2017 that made NVIDIA cards work?

well damn. that's a shame. And high sierra didn't work well at all when I tried. Did the web driver get some updates since 2017 that made NVIDIA cards work?
there are a lot of peeps running high sierra with nvidia cards in this forum

there are a lot of peeps running high sierra with nvidia cards in this forum
Cool, I'll look into hopping up into high sierra soon then, hoping that my graphics card got some actual support since last I tried, when it was working spottily at best.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back