HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've just upgraded the HDD in my 4530s to an OCZ Agility 3 SSD. I cloned the old drive with HDClone, but the OSX won't load to the desktop.

I've tried safe mode too, but it always gets to the same place - Apple logo with the stop icon.

Wasn't aware that I needed to update anything before hand?

I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8.1.

Any clues?

Thanks
Rich

Hi,

I've just upgraded the HDD in my 4530s to an OCZ Agility 3 SSD. I cloned the old drive with HDClone, but the OSX won't load to the desktop.

I've tried safe mode too, but it always gets to the same place - Apple logo with the stop icon.

Wasn't aware that I needed to update anything before hand?

I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8.1.

Any clues?

Thanks
Rich

Sounds like AHCI issue. Boot with your Unibeast flash into your partition on your SSD, and use the Probook installer for AHCI patch.

Edit: Or boot with "-f" (that is usually the recommended thing to do), as it is written in the guide. Not sure why I didn't mention that in the first place, but it is early here...

hi

i cloned my HDD on SSD with Carbon copy cloner ,
after i reboot the computer , with the HDD inside and SDD on USB Plug ,

i launch CHIMERA 1.1.1 from HDD but installation on SDD

After install , i power off the computer , and i restart and boot on SSD ( press F9 to choice the start unit )

if it's ok for booting on SSD , it's good , you can install the ssd on the computer

hi

After install , i power off the computer , and i restart and boot on SSD ( press F9 to choice the start unit )

if it's ok for booting on SSD , it's good , you can install the ssd on the computer

Depends on whether you end up needing the AHCI patch as rich.600 probably does.
AHCI timing bug affects some HDD/SSDs and not others.

For example, I have SSD (Crucial M4 256) in my main HDD bay on my 4530s, and HDD in caddy in the optibay. I need AHCI patch for booting from HDD, but not the SSD. So it just depends on the specific hardware.

Side note: With the MacBookPro/Air 2.0 update, I don't need AHCI patch at all in any scenario...

If you run into problems you can just boot with "-f" and apply AHCI patch.

Hi

-f didnt work.

I think I might have made the title of the thread misleading. It does boot, but it sits there with the Apple logo for a while before displaying the no-entry icon.

Tried UniBeast USB too, but the same (as I would expect).

My BIOS version is f23 if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Rich

Hi

-f didnt work.

I think I might have made the title of the thread misleading. It does boot, but it sits there with the Apple logo for a while before displaying the no-entry icon.

Tried UniBeast USB too, but the same (as I would expect).

My BIOS version is f23 if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Rich

Try "-f -v" ... see if it offers you any clues. It is possible your clone is no good...

hi

I make an other CLONE ( HDD 320 Gigas 7200 rpm ) ....
1 - Start on SSD but BOOT choice HDD
2 - I apply HP INSTALLER Beta 12 ( Choice CHIMERA ) ..
3 - Power Off
4 - Unmount SDD , and replace by HDD on Computer
5 - Start ,
6 - And it's Good ...

So It's GOOD :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back