Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Upgraded to Mojave, kernel panic (MACH REBOOT) after first successfully login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Hi there.

I have been struggling for days with my (used to be up and running) hackintosh to no success.

I went to High Sierra (from Yosemite) with no issues at all.
I then decided to go further, installing also Mojave with success. This time, instead, I had video issues, it was slow a low res (as if the driver was missing).
After my first log in I saddenly haven't been able to boot again :(
When I try to boot from the USB (-v) it gets stuck with the last row message "Attemption System Restart..... MACH Reboot".

I have tried several config.plist settings (including dropping the MATS/DMAR tables), adding/replacing various driver64UEFI and kext in the EFI partition, fiddling with mysmbios (changing iMac 14,2) but no luck whatsoever.

Booting with the installer USB doesn't work either, the bar get stucks halfway.

Could this be caused by something left in L/S/E from older version?

Does anyone have any clue? I'm kinda lost...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Does anyone have any clue?

Your config.plist is a bit of a joke, far too many needless fixes enabled.

/drivers64UEFI has VBoxHfs-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi which do the same job and are mutually exclusive, use one or the other but not both.
You also appear to have copied the contents of /drivers64 to /drivers64UEFI which is totally unnecessary.

You have kexts in /kexts/10.14 and /kexts/other which is wrong.
Keep your kexts in /kexts/Other and remove all of the /kexts/10.* folders.

You have XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and XHCI-x99-injector.kext which are all deprecated and now part of XHCI-unsupported.kext (Click Download repository).
With your Z97 chipset you don't need any of them.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext should be the latest versions.

Last edited:
well... after a few days I have to admit I started to try out settings just for the sake of it... my last config.plist might reflect this situation :D

thank you for your suggestions, I'm going to clean the EFI crossing my fingers

Ok, I started from scratch with a clean USB (UEFI).
I've been able to go past the Mach Reboot error, but there are still issues somewhere.

Now I have just 4 ketxt in the "other" directory: appleALC, AppleIntelE1000e, Lilu and WhateverGreen in their latest versions. I've noticed that removing AppleIntelE1000e brings back the Mach error.

This way the system appears to start booting but it reach a point where the process became terribly slow, in particular when the verbose shows "Forcin CS_RUNTIME etc". Its not still hanging but very very slow. Waiting a few mins brings to "kextd stall... AppleACPICPU". I stopped here, something is wrong.

I have a feeling it might my a graphic driver issue, but changing "bios init display first igfx" in Bios and the "inject intel" option in Clover doesn't affect anything.

Any new suggestion please?

PS
I forgot to add that I also tried to reinstall Mojave, it was all seeming good but rebooting brings back to the start

Attachments

• IMG-7791.JPG
    IMG-7791.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back