CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I upgraded to a 980 Ti from my 780 Ti, assumed it would work fine since the nVidia web drivers support it, but I can't even bloody boot. It keeps crashing on 'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

2015-11-26 12.33.13.jpg

This build has been working flawlessly for about 2 years, not sure what to do. My build is basically this: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...a-x79s-up5-x79-c606-i7-3930k-32gb-gtx670.html)

Crashes when trying to boot with -x, cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -f, -F, GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

UPDATE: The above issue seems to have been fixed, however another issue has cropped up. I still can't boot, but the error I'm getting now is 'Still waiting for root device', which just comes up every minute or so forever until I turn it off. Still can't boot with any of the flags I've tried above, nor in single user mode.

CVRRjJNWEAARvhj.jpg

Hey Matt

Reading through the error message just to cover bases take a look at the power supply and make sure that's not overloaded. If not then there are a few other things such as the power management, perhaps its not allocating enough power to the card? If all else fails switch back to the old card and see if problems persist.

Other than that I can't think of much else, have you changed anything else during the upgrade? Did you damage any internal components while installing the card? Just some things to check.

How did you fix the original error? What boot tags did you add/remove to resolve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back