Contribute
Register

Upgraded from Chimera/Yosemite to Clover/El Cap, stuck on boot loop. Boot loader works fine on my Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As stated in the title, I decided to do my upgrade from Yosemite and Chimera to El Capitan on my Hack tonight.
My Specs: GA-Z77X-UPH5-TH
GTX 760
Intel 3770k
Native firewire and wifi PCI cards
Safire Pro 40 sound system

My steps, and the issues:
Worked through the "Chimera to Clover" guide, where I backed up my Kexts to a desktop folder. Also, I made a El Capitan Unibeast USB and was able to boot into my Yosemite install no problem. Regrettably, I deleted my Chimera install on the main SSD boot disk (removed boot, but did not clear my MBR), and then I used my El Capitan USB to install it on my SSD. When I rebooted, I used the USB boot loader to go into my regular SSD disk and was greeted with this on startup, and then this when I booted in verbose and safe mode. I also tried NoCache to no avail.

I then tried installing clover indirectly on my main disk by using my backup and installing Clover to the main disc, and then tried to boot to the disk. Same issue. I tried running the installation of El Capitan again, thinking maybe something got messed up on the installation. Same issues.

Interestingly, I can use the boot loader from my SSD main disk to get into my Yosemite backup-- just not my main El Capitan now.

I have a backup, and I can use it to access the main disk, including its EFI. Does anyone know what to do?

The startup error is a crash caused by EvOreboot.kext -- you need to remove that kext as it doesn't work with El Capitan.

The kernel cache error I'm not as sure about, but I would double-check that you have the necessary settings in config.plist to disable SIP so it can rebuild cache in the presence of unsigned kexts. The settings are discussed in this guide.

The startup error is a crash caused by EvOreboot.kext -- you need to remove that kext as it doesn't work with El Capitan.

The kernel cache error I'm not as sure about, but I would double-check that you have the necessary settings in config.plist to disable SIP so it can rebuild cache in the presence of unsigned kexts. The settings are discussed in this guide.

Thank you so much for the help. I'll give it a shot in another day or two, hopefully that EvOreboot will fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back