Contribute
Register

Upgraded Core i7-3770 CustoMac Mini w/ 12GB ram for $420 at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides HP 6300/8300 series, any other HP desktops can be hackintoshed easily?

Hi. I think I am ready to embark on this project. The ssd looks like a never version available. Should it still work? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820147676
Yes, the 860 Evo will work the same as the 850.

Looks like a good time to jump in on this.
HP 8300 with i7-3770 and 8GB for $215 is an excellent buy.
Look at the original MSRP for one of these. o_O Over 1,500 USD.
Screen Shot 18.jpg

Screen Shot 17.jpg

Last edited:
Just a word of warning about this deal, I ordered mine and when I went to unbox it there was a huge dent in the rear casing that also bent some of the connections between the black casing and frame. I wouldn't mind a dent if it didn't affect anything else, but I'm going to see if the seller will swap this out for a different one. I didn't bother checking the hard drive or cpu, but that will be my next step if the seller won't work with me so I'll post an update. Still a good deal, but from my experience these will be B stock refurbished.

Just a word of warning about this deal, I ordered mine and when I went to unbox it there was a huge dent in the rear casing that also bent some of the connections between the black casing and frame. I wouldn't mind a dent if it didn't affect anything else, but I'm going to see if the seller will swap this out for a different one. I didn't bother checking the hard drive or cpu, but that will be my next step if the seller won't work with me so I'll post an update. Still a good deal, but from my experience these will be B stock refurbished.
If the dent is that bad they should certainly ship you a replacement. They are a Newegg seller and should do a better refurbishing job than that. What you are describing is a C grade computer in my estimation. Take a picture of the box it was shipped in so they can see that it wasn't damaged in shipping. That can happen and badly damage a case depending on how it was packed.

Start the RMA process and exchange it so you don't get a restocking fee. Take pictures of the PC before you send it back.
https://www.newegg.com/CTechCity/about?position=return

If the seller won't exchange it file a complaint with Newegg to get what you deserve.

Last edited:
Yeah, based on their reviews it looks like the seller works well with issues like this. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'm sure that's only because of the weekend and holiday. Just wanted to let anyone considering this to know so they can be sure to look over their computer when they get it. Attaching a couple thumbnails since that will do a much better job of showing the dent. 20180528_112042.jpg 20180528_112049.jpg

I know that most people don't use the legacy PCI slot on these but you should still have a case that isn't dented that badly.

I know that most people don't use the legacy PCI slot on these but you should still have a case that isn't dented that badly.
Yeah, it just raised some concerns about the overall refurbishment on this specific unit more than anything. The packaging they sent this in was outstanding (very heavy duty bubble wrap that fit everything tightly in the box) so it's highly unlikely this occurred in shipping. I'll just feel better with a different one from them. Luckily I'm in no real rush to get this done other than impatience to start a new project. Got my osx boot usb done this weekend while visiting family so that was the only thing I can't do at my place.

Will onboard WiFi work well with these as hackintosh? Is there room in the case for two 3.5 drives (magnetic)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back