3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I used the guide and proceeded through the update. All good. Booted back to 10.13.6 and updated Cuda and Nvidia drivers. Restarted and goes to apple load screen progresses then goes to black screens. x99 motherboard/980 ti. What now?

I assume you use Clover.
On the boot screen select the Clover options and in Startup add a “-X” without the quotes but spaced after whatever startup option is there.
It’ll vanish next boot but the current boot will take it. It should try to boot then with a devault screen setting, I believe without drivers.

Wow, thanks for that. I realized later there must be some sort of safe start mode in Clover. I have been doing updates for a while and forgot to set screen sharing to ON. My updates always break after updating nvidia driver. I reinstalled 10.3.4 from backup and re-updated with sharing on. I use screen sharing to see the desktop-which I cant see on my own screens- on a different mac on the network. Then I run the AGDPfix 2.app remotely, and restart. Everything opens perfectly after that. Is there some way to include that process into clover so I don't have to do that? It always works, so it is not a big deal

Attachments

• AGDPfix 2.app.zip
    79.1 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back