Contribute
Register

Upgrade to 802.11ac (Probook 4530s and BCM94352)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm trying to do, however to modify the vendor details in the eeprom you need the drivers installedI can't install the drivers in Windows

That's what I'm trying to do, however to modify the vendor details in the eeprom you need the drivers installedI can't install the drivers in Windows

Don't bother with Windows... Use Linux (the "Recovery guide" is the Linux guide).

I'll give that a shot
Cheers mate

OK
so I assume that you only need to follow step 3 if you've rebranded your card incorrectly and you need to compile the linux drivers to recognise it.. Right?

Now I'm stuck on 3D (compiling the code)
Says to return to main folder
and run
make

However i get the following error:
make: *** No targets. Stop.

What should the main folder be?

what a pain in the F*** A***, been taking 1 step forward 3 steps back

Sp I used a Dell laptop instead without a whitelist, and managed to rebrand the card
I'm now in OS X and getting all the 5GHz channels

Though I'm getting Bluetooth not available

I've done a repair perms and rebuild cache in kext wizard, no go
Is it normal to jack the bluetooth after this process?

Do I need to re-run probook installer?

And what's your fanreset.dylib patch used for?? what does that have to do with the wifi?

OK so according to the qualcomm datasheet the ar9280 is wifi-only
Is this correct?

If that's the case what's the best USB bluetooth 4.0 solution in order to get handoff working on a hackintosh?

Sp I used a Dell laptop instead without a whitelist, and managed to rebrand the card

Yes, any attempt to rebrand in a laptop with a whitelist would fail. The rebranding must always take place on a laptop without a whitelist. Or you can use the hacked Fanreset.dylib.

I'm now in OS X and getting all the 5GHz channels

Though I'm getting Bluetooth not available

BT requires a firmware uploader kext.

And what's your fanreset.dylib patch used for?? what does that have to do with the wifi?

It resets the fan back to BIOS mode. There is a "hack" version that also re-enables the WiFi card if it has been disabled by BIOS due to not passing the whitelist. Obviously, such a hack is not necessary with a correctly rebranded card.

OK so according to the qualcomm datasheet the ar9280 is wifi-only
Is this correct?

Technically, the AR9280 is only a WiFi chip. Although it could be paired with a BT chip, it usually isn't. Most AR9285 are based on the AR5BHB92 reference design, which does not include BT.

If that's the case what's the best USB bluetooth 4.0 solution in order to get handoff working on a hackintosh?

Broadcom. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html

You will not be able to rebrand a BCM card to pass your 4530s whitelist though. You would need to upgrade to a laptop that does not have a whitelist, such as the 4540s.

Cool
Achieved the main objective of getting 5Ghz, so thanks for all your help
Have a good weekend dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back