Contribute
Register

Upgrade Time: i9 or i8 and what Asus MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try adding that argument to my config.plist.

Try adding that argument to my config.plist.
No dice.. btw thanks for helping out..

gotta be an easy way to disable the Intel UHD Graphics 630..

No dice.. btw thanks for helping out..

gotta be an easy way to disable the Intel UHD Graphics 630..

That doesn't disable the UHD 630. Did you try it?

its enabled and I'm booted up using my mac.. whats the purpose then?

its enabled and I'm booted up using my mac.. whats the purpose then?

It just fixes a slow boot condition due to the firmware. Look at the verbose screen you posted a few posts back.

It just fixes a slow boot condition due to the firmware. Look at the verbose screen you posted a few posts back.

So Ill add back in your intel fixes and test it with that.. my mac w/o your intel plist suggestions boots up in like 15 seconds.

I never had the slow issue until I tested the config.plist you suggested and I think it crashed in the end.. I cant remember..

So Ill add back in your intel fixes and test it with that.. my mac w/o your intel plist suggestions boots up in like 15 seconds.

I never had the slow issue until I tested the config.plist you suggested and I think it crashed in the end.. I cant remember..

It doesn't crash. It's just really slow due to the firmware. Disabling it will fix it. If you want to continue using your config.plist, you are happy to.

It doesn't crash. It's just really slow due to the firmware. Disabling it will fix it. If you want to continue using your config.plist, you are happy to.
great, thank you for your time, Ill test that this weekend..

I guess my question is their any downside to have that intel gpu enabled in osx?

great, thank you for your time, Ill test that this weekend..

I guess my question is their any downside to have that intel gpu enabled in osx?

No. That's how real iMacs have it. IGPU is enabled. I feel mimicking real iMacs makes most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back