Contribute
Register

Upgrade the graphics card to improve FCPX performance on Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
R9 280X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hackintosh configurations are Intel530SSD240G, GA-Z77-DS3H, Xeon 1230v2, 16G memory and Asus GT640 graphics card. It is always used for FCPX and Photpshop CS6. The OSX Mountain Lion are fine in my system.
Recently, I upgrade the OS to Mavericks. I find the FCPX become a little bit slow, the temperature GT640 is higher about 10℃ than Mountain Lion. So I guess the CUDA/opencl/graphics works more, is that correct?

If I can upgrade the graphics card to improve the FCPX performance? Is the GTX760 fine with FCPX and Mavericks? Welcome any other graphics card advice.

Thank you very much!

My hackintosh configurations are Intel530SSD240G, GA-Z77-DS3H, Xeon 1230v2, 16G memory and Asus GT640 graphics card. It is always used for FCPX and Photpshop CS6. The OSX Mountain Lion are fine in my system.
Recently, I upgrade the OS to Mavericks. I find the FCPX become a little bit slow, the temperature GT640 is higher about 10℃ than Mountain Lion. So I guess the CUDA/opencl/graphics works more, is that correct?

If I can upgrade the graphics card to improve the FCPX performance? Is the GTX760 fine with FCPX and Mavericks? Welcome any other graphics card advice.

Thank you very much!
I would go with the Gigabyte 760 OC or the 770 OC if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back