Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I'm running a stable, awesome, 10.6.2 rig running on a P55M-UD2, having used the 'old' install method originally posted by tonymac.

I'd like to upgrade to 10.6.3 but I was reading about mixed results on the blog when it first came out and now the 24 page forum topic was a little too much for me to sift through and understand...

Is there an easy way to update? Does simply installing with Multibeast get me running with 10.6.3. and do I need to upgrade my bios (currently f7 I believe)

A thousand thanks for the info!

I think this would be a safe approach:

1. Download your board's DSDT, rename it properly and put it on your desktop.

2. Download the 10.6.3 Combo update.

3. Update BIOS to F10 because the DSDT file currently installed by MultiBeast is meant for this version.

4. Boot from the most recent iBoot Supported CD to make sure the machine boots despite the BIOS update.

5. In Chameleon, choose your hard drive to go on booting.

6. Install the 10.6.3 Combo update. Use the combo, just to make sure; this can do no harm.

7. When the installation is finished, run MultiBeast before rebooting, choose your DSDT and kexts you need and the repair permissions utility.

8. Reboot.

9. Done. :)

flatfoot said:
I think this would be a safe approach:

3. Update BIOS to F10 because the DSDT file currently installed by MultiBeast is meant for this version.

4. Boot from the most recent iBoot Supported CD to make sure the machine boots despite the BIOS update.
3. Is no longer true in MultiBeast unless you do a UserDSDT install.

4. You can use any recent iBoot disc.

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna find a drive to backup my install first....I'll let you know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back