Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designaire
CPU
i7-9770k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 740
Not sure if this is the right area to post this question but.....I’m still using Mavericks on my hackintosh and haven’t had any significant issues. Only a few minor freezing errors when I use my USB 3.0 slots on the front of my case. But other than that my system has been running smoothly. So my question is, is this a case of “if it ain’t broke...” or am I missing out on something by not upgrading to a more current OS?

You are not missing out on much other than pretty desktop pictures.
Suggest a small, inexpensive 120GB HDD - clone current drive, install Clover boot loader. Shutdown, disable port in UEFI connected to your working drive or physically disconnect the drive.
Download 10.13.2 from the MAS and upgrade. Run MultiBeast post install to install Clover and your audio.networking files to the HDD and get it working 100% if you can. Use it for a while to get used to it, check to see if all of your 3rd party apps will run. If you like it and want to keep it, clone it back to your working drive and use the HDD for storage until the next time you want to test another upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back