GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I want to build a Hackintosh with triple boot (macOS, Windows, Linux). All three Operating Systems will be on an extra SSD. That will be my first hackintosh.

So my questions are:
  • are there any components that all will work out of the box with Sierra, so I dont need to install/copy any extra (kext) files?
  • can I keep/use some of my existing components? (do they work OOB?)
    • Intel 4670k
    • GA-Z87-HD3
    • Gainward GTX 770 Phantom
    • 12GB RAM DDR3 (don't know the exact type now, should I post it?)
    • Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD
    • SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD
Thanks for help!

If you don't want to install any kexts and have everything working OOB, buy a used Mac. If you want to try this approach (CustoMac) then you'll need to do some research to find what will work and what won't.
I just was wondering if it's even possbile. So if I buy new parts I can buy the right ones directly. I don't want to buy a Mac.

Start here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...versions-of-os-x-using-older-chipsets.141225/
Look at the Supported 10.8.5+ Haswell Buyers Guide first. The Z87-HD3 was on the supported list.
I found my motherboard here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ers-guide-september-2014.151979/#motherboards
Is there a way to find out if it's working with Sierra? I only can find older builds here with this board.
I guess I need to find out by trying itself?

Yes, give it a try. You can start with the graphics card removed. Set your BIOS to use the integrated graphics first. That makes things a little easier to start. Post any further questions in Sierra Desktop Support. You'll need a real Mac or working CustoMac to download El Capitan or Sierra. I would actually download and try El Cap first. That I'm certain will work with your hardware.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back