CPU
i5-2320
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everyone, I'm italian sorry for my translation: D
I would have a question to ask.
It's about a year that I'm using mac Sierra 10.12.2 on my desktop PC CPU intel i5. Now I'm going to install MAc Mojave but since I have so much data on the PC and programs of several gigabyte size that would take me a long time to reinstall, is there a way to upgrade from 10.12.2 to Mojave without losing anything?
Thank you
Vincenzo

Hello everyone, I'm italian sorry for my translation: D
I would have a question to ask.
It's about a year that I'm using mac Sierra 10.12.2 on my desktop PC CPU intel i5. Now I'm going to install MAc Mojave but since I have so much data on the PC and programs of several gigabyte size that would take me a long time to reinstall, is there a way to upgrade from 10.12.2 to Mojave without losing anything?
Thank you
Vincenzo

• My suggestion is to Clone the current Disk to another blank Disk of equal or larger size using Clonezila USB (create through Rufus in Windows 10 is easier).
    • To get some idea about Clonezila use to clone Hackintosh System Disk, you may check:#2
  • Once you have a Clone of your current disk and tested it to make sure it works as good as your current one, you can safely start the upgrade to Mojave knowing well that you have a true copy just in case something bad happens during the upgrade.
  • I won't suggest direct upgrade from current early Sierra 10.12.2 to current Mojave 10.14.0 or 10.14.1.
  • I suggest an upgrade to macOS Sierra 10.13.6 before attempting upgrade to 10.14.X
  • I doubt your Nvidia GTX 570 is compatible with Mojave.
  • Since you have not given the full details of your CPU(Intel Core i5 -XXXX?), I don't know if it has processor associated integrated Intel HD as a Graphics that works in Mojave.

You can't just upgrade and all of your data and programs still persist. Its high risk and bad practice.
Get a new hard disk as suggested above, install 10.14 OSX on it, move your files from the old disk after that.
Download your programs, install them. Dont use old copy of installations. Always install the latest software from original site.

Ok, thank you all for the fast answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back