i5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I faced unpleasant situation. It seems to me that it is totally impossible to obtain Mavericks installation from ANY version of macOS. I've tried to obtain El Capitan from the following machines:

On 10.7.5 ESX virtual installation. It says: We could not complete your purchase.This version of OS X 10.11 cannot be installed on this computer.

On 10.12 MacBook pro 2015 installation. We could not complete your purchase.OS X cannot be installed on "SYSTEM" because the version of this macOS is too new.

On 10.14 Mac Mini 2013 installation same response. "We could not complete your purchase.OS X cannot be installed on "SYSTEM" because the version of this MacOS is too new."

As for Mavericks download, I even cannot find the page in App Store where to download it.

Please tell me, this is it? No chance to get any of this installations like Mavericks 10.9.1 or 10.11 El Capitan any more ?

P.S. Later I found same problem with 10.10 Yosemite. Exactly same responses on 3 machines as for El Capitan.

What is terrible that Apple stop selling media like DVD or USB Sticks. I got Snow Leopard DVD 10.6 and Lion USB 10.7 - those were the last media. After them only downloadable OSes which they kill ability to download every 2years after release.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I didn't save a link to Mavericks. Here's a link to El Capitan. See #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back