Gainward GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I tried the upgrade route as detailed here directly from the latest Yosemite to El Capitan.
The kext (FakeSMC only in my case) is in the Clover directory, I also edited the config.plist.
The install went smoothly as far as I can tell, but I can't boot into the system.
I tried the
Code:
-x -s -v
flags, but no avail.
It seems to crash after the CPUSensors/PCI (back to BIOS/UEFI).

Additional information:
Nvidia GTX770
Intel Xeon E3-1240V2
Asus P8Z77-M PRO

Installed the Nvidia web driver in Yosemite.

I can boot into the Repair disk.
Any thoughts?

IMG_3520.jpg

Hey,

I tried the upgrade route as detailed here directly from the latest Yosemite to El Capitan.
The kext (FakeSMC only in my case) is in the Clover directory, I also edited the config.plist.
The install went smoothly as far as I can tell, but I can't boot into the system.
I tried the
Code:
-x -s -v
flags, but no avail.
It seems to crash after the CPUSensors/PCI (back to BIOS/UEFI).

Additional information:
Nvidia GTX770
Intel Xeon E3-1240V2
Asus P8Z77-M PRO

Installed the Nvidia web driver in Yosemite.

I can boot into the Repair disk.
Any thoughts?
It looks like it doesn't like your over clock, have you tried reset your cpu back to normal "no overclock".

CPUSensors plugin to FakeSMC is known to be incompatible with 10.11 (possibly there is now an update out?), so remove it.

CPUSensors plugin to FakeSMC is known to be incompatible with 10.11 (possibly there is now an update out?), so remove it.

Incorrect, this has been working since GM was released. The CPUSensor binaries have most recently been updated a week ago and continue to work. The only issue remaining around these are with iStat.

The kext (FakeSMC only in my case) is in the Clover directory
Also OP said he was only using FakeSMC.kext, no mention of the plug-ins, although they could be hanging around from Yosemite..

Ah, I stand corrected then.

Hmm after a long and unfruitful hunt for rogue kexts and fiddling with BIOS settings I gave up and did a clean install. That worked after some fiddling with a broken USB stick :rolleyes:

However I remember having installed some sort of patch/kext to control my fan speeds (as they're quite noisy now). I think it was specific to the PWM controller of this motherboard, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back