Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Upgrade from RX 580 to Vega 64 hung

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef thanks for your reply.
I tried your EFI but the my hMac was not very stable.
So I went back to a very simple EFI of mine. With the IGPU enabled, Sidecar also works but by analyzing VideoProc, I have the H264 and HVEC enabled only for the internal graphics card.
If I disable the IGPU, VideoProc does not recognize me Vega 56 and does not enable acceleration.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 02.21.21.png

I am attaching my EFI. If you have any advice to give me to get the maximum performance from Vega 56 (for photographic and video use) I would be grateful. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 42
@pastrychef thanks for your reply.
I tried your EFI but the my hMac was not very stable.
So I went back to a very simple EFI of mine. With the IGPU enabled, Sidecar also works but by analyzing VideoProc, I have the H264 and HVEC enabled only for the internal graphics card.
If I disable the IGPU, VideoProc does not recognize me Vega 56 and does not enable acceleration.

View attachment 460679

I am attaching my EFI. If you have any advice to give me to get the maximum performance from Vega 56 (for photographic and video use) I would be grateful. Thanks.

I will just end up making that EFI like mine. Lol

I will just end up making that EFI like mine. Lol
@pastrychef I didn't understand one thing...
Do you need to enable the H264 and HVEC of the Vega 56 card or just have the two parameters enabled with the IGPU? I am reading a lot but I don't understand if it is worth enabling the acceleration on Vega 56....

@pastrychef I didn't understand one thing...
Do you need to enable the H264 and HVEC of the Vega 56 card or just have the two parameters enabled with the IGPU? I am reading a lot but I don't understand if it is worth enabling the acceleration on Vega 56....

If you want to use IGPU for Quick Sync, just enable it in BIOS and use iMac19,x system definition.

If you want to use Vega for all hardware encoding/decoding, disable IGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 system definition.

In either case, there should be nothing to configure in config.plist. Just have WhateverGreen installed.

As to which is better, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back