Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X
CPU
i7
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 470
Hi there,

my Hackintosh was running on Mavericks super solid, but after some years i wanted to upgrade to Yosemite (and finally HighSierra). I´m using it for some daily use, but mainly as a Media Storage Bay.

First: I have done a Time Machine Backup before I started!

I removed the Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 during installation

I created an install USB with UniBeast (without Legacy USB support!) and installed it.

After the installation (which went well) it boots into the apple screen with a progress bar (post installation to finsh) but it is stuck there.

DSC_1835.JPG

I have read plenty of articles about "waiting it out" "it can take days" - but i have a stuck screen without the progress bar moving for about 24 hours.

I rebooted and tried some things (like repair disk in disk utility, verbose mode, ...)

But nothing helped so far.

So, can anybody help me?

Other question:

Would it be ok to install High Sierra right away over Mavericks install or step by step?

Thanks,

Johannes

Last edited:
What I´ve tried so far:

I created a new Yosemite Unibeast install USB with Legacy Support -> (boots with Clover) installed that -> same result

I created a new High Sierra Unibeast install USB with Legacy Support -> did not boot at all, but i could boot with the Yosemite USB into Clover and start the High Sierra installation -> same result

I restored my time machine backup after hours spent on my upgrade experience...

BTW: The SSD with OS X Mavericks (th one i´m trying to upgrade) boots with Chameleon v2.2svn r2463

When i run the install of Yosemite or High Sierra (the fist step finishes fine) and boot with the USB Stick (Clover) i cannot see my SSD to boot it via the USB Bootloader.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back