Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 4530S
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
Greetings all,

Returning to the forums after a long time away. Did several searches but didn't find any topics that specifically address the questions that I have, so, here goes:

I currently have an HP 4530s Probook with Win 7 UEFI and 10.9.5 (Mavericks), Clover Bootloader. Everything works great, but most of the heavy lifting with regard to Clover was handled with the HP Probook Installation tool, which I understand has been deprecated/no longer an active project. I need to upgrade Mavericks to High Sierra, but would like to keep my Win 7 installation intact. Clover version is an old one - 3072.

It looks like I should be able to do an App Store update for High Sierra as long as I follow the instructions given in the RehabMan guide for upgrading with Clover, but I hesitate to do this before knowing whether it will affect my present Win 7 UEFI installation. Fairly certain I need to upgrade my version of Clover, but, again, since it's been such a long time, I want to be confident that I'll still be able to see and select my Windows EFI and OS X partitions after doing so. I feel like I used to know enough to exist and adapt in the world of kexts, DSDT, cloverconfig and the like, but my time away has badly eroded my knowledge, unfortunately.

Thanks, everyone.

Best,
TF

Greetings all,

Returning to the forums after a long time away. Did several searches but didn't find any topics that specifically address the questions that I have, so, here goes:

I currently have an HP 4530s Probook with Win 7 UEFI and 10.9.5 (Mavericks), Clover Bootloader. Everything works great, but most of the heavy lifting with regard to Clover was handled with the HP Probook Installation tool, which I understand has been deprecated/no longer an active project. I need to upgrade Mavericks to High Sierra, but would like to keep my Win 7 installation intact. Clover version is an old one - 3072.

It looks like I should be able to do an App Store update for High Sierra as long as I follow the instructions given in the RehabMan guide for upgrading with Clover, but I hesitate to do this before knowing whether it will affect my present Win 7 UEFI installation. Fairly certain I need to upgrade my version of Clover, but, again, since it's been such a long time, I want to be confident that I'll still be able to see and select my Windows EFI and OS X partitions after doing so. I feel like I used to know enough to exist and adapt in the world of kexts, DSDT, cloverconfig and the like, but my time away has badly eroded my knowledge, unfortunately.

Thanks, everyone.

Best,
TF

Follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back