Graphics
Gt-710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

While waiting on my latest try at finding a video card that will drive 2 screens and supports Mojave, I decided to try upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave.

I followed the upgrade/install instructions found elsewhere on this website(the os software seemed to install and reboot as needed while making sure to point it at the right boot drive. However it now seems to be in a loop and not finding the boot drive in order to complete the upgrade.

The first inkling of a problem is the screenshot in picture #1(attached) where it says there is a problem finding the drives in the right configuration. So I hit 'f2' and noticed that the drive configuration is set to 'raid', not 'ahci'(picture #2 attached).

So set the drive configuration back to 'ahci', apply the change and the computer reboots.

Upon rebooting, the clover screen comes up with what looks like more error messages(picture #3 attached). After several seconds, I select the 'boot from hackintosh' option to go into mojave. However the computer loops back around to picture #1 and starts all over again. Keep in mind that each time it loops, I have to go into setup and change the drive status from 'raid' to 'ahci'.

Can anyone help me figure this one out? Am I missing anything that I need to add to resolve this issue? Hopefully it's something simple but if I have to, I hope I don't have to restore High Sierra from a backup hd I made with Carbon Copy Cloner.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• Picture#1.jpeg
    Picture#1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • Picture#2.jpeg
    Picture#2.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
  • Picture#3.jpeg
    Picture#3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
Anyone? I would prefer to go forward and complete the upgrade to mojave as I just found out that my clone of the drive using CCC does not work. Based on what I have researched so far on this site, my clone is missing the efi partition in order to boot from the clone.

If I have to re-boot from the cloned drive, here are some questions:

1) How can I determine if it is in fact the efi partition is missing and what can I do to to put it onto the cloned drive. Keep i mind the source drive is acting weird.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Here's something else I just though of: since I made a backup of my system drive, would it be better to do a fresh install of mojave using the instructions found on this site, then installing CCC, then restoring everything from the cloned backup?

Would this work?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back