Contribute
Register

Upgrade from El Capitan to macOS Sierra and USB 3.0 don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for the port limit patch if the injected number of ports is less than or equal to 15.
Thanks, Rehab! My usb 3.0 working after create custom dsdt.aml without limit patch!

Hello!
After a lot of research I'm hitting a wall and any help would be awesome

My USB 3 ports aren't working (obviously)
However on system info I have two USB 2.0 hubs and one 3.0 hub
Nothing reports to the 3.0 hub

I have tried many fixes but none work if I can provide any other info let me know

I followed rehab mans guide with no luck

Rehabman answered tgis post, Thank's.

but I don´t have that techinal background. I must learn more details.

Finally for my build Z97-HD3, I5 4690K, 8GB DD3, INTEL HD4600, AND NO USB 3.0.
In Clover found that change definition from 14.2 to 15.2 Voilá USB 3.0 worked!.

Hope somebody also work.

Thank's a lot. I have the same problem - and it is a solution! (in Sierra 10.12.4) BUT now USB3 works only up to 480 Mbit/s.... after upgrade to 10.12.5

I am almost reluctant to suggest you look into this, because it was such a dumb thing, but I found that my built in 3.0 USB was still working after upgrading to Sierra, but that the ports in my case were not working anymore. It was not the DSDT or a kext, or anything like that. While doing other things related to the upgrade (probably installing the new NVIDIA 1070 that was the proximate cause of the upgrade) I had pulled the cable that connects the Motherboard to the case USB 3.0 ports. oops. Putting it back in fixed the problem

The patch is known to cause other problems. There are good reasons for the port limit code. By passing it for long term use is not a good idea.
Is it possible that my machine takes 20 sec to complete shutdown because of that "increase ports limit" option in Multibeast ?

The port limit patch is not for long term use.
Use only for port discovery.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
I am trying but this is not simple at all. I've been reading the 2 guides you wrote, and it is not a simple story at all.Gonna take me some time to understand it all.
I can live with that and everything else is working very nice I must say ! And this is a great opportunity to say thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back