Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Considering upgrading from 4GB to 8GB. Opened it up and I have one memory bank of 4GB now, so can easily add another.

However unsure because of all the threads on glitches. Are they solved with fan control or should I keep the machine stable as it at 4GB?

I upgraded to 8 GB on the Probook with i3 recently and it runs buttery smooth and stable. Fan Control works as it should, the glitches are all gone.

Thanks. You did need fancontrol to get rid of these glitches? Had no glitches with 4GB?

I had glitches even with 4 GB, and I bought 8 GB after I installed Fan Control, so I am not sure if I would have glitches with 8 GB and without Fan Control, but with Fan Control I don't have any problem now, so I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

ended up buying locally, a corsair 4gb module advertised as apple qualified, same price and partnr. is CMSA4GX3M1A1066C7

so far everything speedy and no lines.

frantisek.nesveda said:
I had glitches even with 4 GB, and I bought 8 GB after I installed Fan Control, so I am not sure if I would have glitches with 8 GB and without Fan Control, but with Fan Control I don't have any problem now, so I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

I never had 4gb in mine, as soon as I got the laptop I put 8gb before I turned it on and it had glitches and lines. So it's definitely fan control.app that fixed the graphical issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back