Contribute
Register

Upgrade failure from 10.14.6+ to 10.15.3 SOLVED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my upgrade from 10.14.6+ working.

Clover_v2.5k_r5104

I did remove all kexts from /L/E (and rebuild caches using Hackintool), including the AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext that Hackintool installed for Hot Swapping SATA drives.

kexts in Clover/other are:
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext
Z270XPSLISATAControllers.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausi.kext

UEFI drivers are:
FSInject.efi
FwRuntimeServices.efi
OcQuirks.efi (from OcQuirks rev 17)
OcQuirks.plist
VBoxHfs.efi
ApfsDriverLoader.efi

ACPI/patched contains a an aml created for my motherboard to manage USB ports. I already had the EC device required by Catalina.
SSDT-USB.aml

My config.plist, that I thought caused the upgrade failure, remained exactly the same as on 10.14.6+.

I did install to a new SSD, gave it a dummy name and password, and used, the Migration Assistant (in Application/Utilities) to bring in Everything.

Note that the Migration Assistant will also bring in any kexts in /L/E - and these kexts apparently caused my upgrade problems (before I moved them to Clover/other), so ... you need to remove them Before using the Migration Assistant (as my first Migration failed to boot with all my kexts in /L/E).

Would you mind uploading your efi. I have the same mobo and I am having trouble getting 10.15 working. Mine will boot from safe mode, but hangs at 100% out of safe mode. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back