Register

Upgrade directly from High Sierra is failing. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is:

51F1C88C-08D0-4B35-B275-E7EF0410AC04.jpeg

appears to be a graphics issue

make sure in your config.plist that you are not injecting Intel or Nvidia
I have run a GTX980TI for years. So that must be a left over I suppose?

The strange thing I have noticed now is: I looked for the EFI partition (to look for the config.plist) of that particular drive, but it is gone? Can not mount it with clover configurator? Also EFI mounter is not working. But It boots? I am writing this from that boot. So it is not showing or is it reading the EFI data not from the partition but from the hard-drive itself? I have read somewhere that in the past not always an EFI partition is used/ was necessary?

In doubt to format it and try to do a clean install. What would you do in my situation?

I have run a GTX980TI for years. So that must be a left over I suppose?

The strange thing I have noticed now is: I looked for the EFI partition (to look for the config.plist) of that particular drive, but it is gone? Can not mount it with clover configurator? Also EFI mounter is not working. But It boots? I am writing this from that boot. So it is not showing or is it reading the EFI data not from the partition but from the hard-drive itself? I have read somewhere that in the past not always an EFI partition is used/ was necessary?

In doubt to format it and try to do a clean install. What would you do in my situation?
wouldn't have thought that was needed to inject nvidia on that card

it must be finding an efi partition from somewhere to be able to boot from....

you could try a wipe and re install if needs be, remove any other hard drives first though

wouldn't have thought that was needed to inject nvidia on that card

it must be finding an efi partition from somewhere to be able to boot from....

you could try a wipe and re install if needs be, remove any other hard drives first though

Probably not, but I did :p

I go for the last option and try to do a fresh installation. And will look into opencore in the near future.

Thank you for your help! Really appreciated :)
Glenn

Probably not, but I did :p

I go for the last option and try to do a fresh installation. And will look into opencore in the near future.

Thank you for your help! Really appreciated :)
Glenn
OpenCore is a lot better and if you wanted to upgrade to Big Sur in the future, it will be a lot easier

Hi,

I bought a rx570 to make things easier. And tried to make a new efi with multibeast. And give it another shot to update to Mojave.

It got stuck at the same spot again. After the first reboot just after keyboard and mouse connects. Is suspect the same Nvidia leftover is still there.

I added a new verbose picture. If you can check if it is still there that would be great and maybe you spot another problem?

mand if the Nvidia leftovers are still there .. have you any idea how to get them deleted?

Thank you! Have a nice weekend.
Glenn
F917EA71-7C71-4E20-93B4-34758A1593D1.jpeg

Hi,

I bought a rx570 to make things easier. And tried to make a new efi with multibeast. And give it another shot to update to Mojave.

It got stuck at the same spot again. After the first reboot just after keyboard and mouse connects. Is suspect the same Nvidia leftover is still there.

I added a new verbose picture. If you can check if it is still there that would be great and maybe you spot another problem?

mand if the Nvidia leftovers are still there .. have you any idea how to get them deleted?

Thank you! Have a nice weekend.
Glenn
View attachment 516221
no clover folder?

If it is missing on the efi partition, would it help if I delete all what is on it and then use multibeast to rewrite it? Or is multibeast adding its files somewhere else?

or delete both the efi partition and the efi map on the harddrive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back