Contribute
Register

Upgrade directly from High Sierra is failing. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
24C298A6-58B4-456A-8792-FA6FF990C68D.jpeg

have a search for End Randomseed

when you updated your clover, did you add in all the OpenCore elements into your config.plist?
No I did not. Did not know that, unfortunately.

Last edited:
best to check over:

grab a spare usb stick and create an opencore EFI which you can use to boot from, hopefully that way you can get your machine to boot

I have been here before and then booted from usb and I downgraded clover. But now my usb will not boot for some reason.

I have a High Sierra usb that boot till 90%. And a Mojave usb that won’t show in the bios boot menu. And yesterday I booted from it to install Mojave (where I got stuck eventually)

I will try your suggestion! Thank you for your help so far.

I know it is probably easy for you. For me the opencore is a whole new Ballpark.

I have 2 suggestion, I can manage.

Disconnect all my harddrives except a empty one and do a clean install. Or would my old High Sierra clover harddrive override it when I connect it afterwards?

Or would it be possible to connect the High Sierra HD to a native MacBook and the ad an older clover version so it will boot again.

Do you think my usb is not booting because of the clover version on my main HD?

I know it is probably easy for you. For me the opencore is a whole new Ballpark.

I have 2 suggestion, I can manage.

Disconnect all my harddrives except a empty one and do a clean install. Or would my old High Sierra clover harddrive override it when I connect it afterwards?

Or would it be possible to connect the High Sierra HD to a native MacBook and the ad an older clover version so it will boot again.

Do you think my usb is not booting because of the clover version on my main HD?
you could try a clean install or text opencore efi with your current setup to see if it boots

you could also connect your hard drive to a mac and mount the efi and transfer your backup working efi over it

you could try a clean install or text opencore efi with your current setup to see if it boots

you could also connect your hard drive to a mac and mount the efi and transfer your backup working efi over it
Thank you!

Back om track!
The verbose gives a very long list. Is the a particular section that is the most important? Or as much as possible?

Back om track!
The verbose gives a very long list. Is the a particular section that is the most important? Or as much as possible?
normally when it stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back