Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Hello All,

I am trying to update my High Sierra build to Mojave, but I am failing for 2 days. I follow the guides but somehow there is something wrong obviously. The strange thing is I managed to upgrade in the past as a test, and it worked. The only change in hardware is I removed my GTX980TI completely now. Then I only deactivated it and activated my IGPU.

I also tried to install Mojave on an empty ssd in my system, but it feels like I am getting stuck for probably the same reason.

BTW: The script report was made running the main ssd with my High Sierra build

I have run the black dragon script. I hope some of you can help me out :)

Thank you!
Glenn

Attachments

• debug_32717.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
Hello All,

I am trying to update my High Sierra build to Mojave, but I am failing for 2 days. I follow the guides but somehow there is something wrong obviously. The strange thing is I managed to upgrade in the past as a test, and it worked. The only change in hardware is I removed my GTX980TI completely now. Then I only deactivated it and activated my IGPU.

I also tried to install Mojave on an empty ssd in my system, but it feels like I am getting stuck for probably the same reason.

BTW: The script report was made running the main ssd with my High Sierra build

I have run the black dragon script. I hope some of you can help me out :)

Thank you!
Glenn
you should update your clover, or even better, transition over to OpenCore

you should update your clover, or even better, transition over to OpenCore
Thanks for both suggestions!

Opencore looks interesting and I will dive in to that in the near future.

For now I will stick to clover. When I update to the latest clover my harddrives are not showing (did that yesterday).
Right now I installed the rehabman's latest clover 4701. Would that be a high enough clover version?
If so, just try again to update?

Thanks for both suggestions!

Opencore looks interesting and I will dive in to that in the near future.

For now I will stick to clover. When I update to the latest clover my harddrives are not showing (did that yesterday).
Right now I installed the rehabman's latest clover 4701. Would that be a high enough clover version?
If so, just try again to update?
because later versions of clover require opencore elements to work, hence the suggestion to move to OpenCore

Rehabman's latest version will not work

because later versions of clover require opencore elements to work, hence the suggestion to move to OpenCore

Rehabman's latest version will not work
I would like to go to opencore right now. But for now it is too complicated for me right and I will probably screw up a few times. (I have read the installation process of open core). I would like to if I have no other option or I start with a new build. Not trying to fix an old build.

What clover version do I need?

I understand what your saying. But the fact that I did upgrade to mojave a few months ago without installing the latest clover tells me it is possible without change a lot of stuff. What are your thoughts?

I would like to go to opencore right now. But for now it is too complicated for me right and I will probably screw up a few times. (I have read the installation process of open core). I would like to if I have no other option or I start with a new build. Not trying to fix an old build.

What clover version do I need?

I understand what your saying. But the fact that I did upgrade to mojave a few months ago without installing the latest clover tells me it is possible without change a lot of stuff. What are your thoughts?
you haven't mentioned where it gets stuck...?

you haven't mentioned where it gets stuck...?
I run Mojave from my application folder. Then It reboots and I get to the progress bar of the installation. I see a small white bar loaded. It seems to stop in most cases after my keyboard en mouse get connected.

I run Mojave from my application folder. Then It reboots and I get to the progress bar of the installation. I see a small white bar loaded. It seems to stop in most cases after my keyboard en mouse get connected.
if you boot verbose mode and take a pic to upload here

if you boot verbose mode and take a pic to upload here
If I could, I would. I updated clover and now when I am on the boot page (where the drives show up) I can select a drive to boot, but the system reboots it seems I can not do anything at this moment.

I tried save mode but does not work. No I try to boot from usb for the second time. But it seems the usb get stuck at 90% of the progress bar.

If I could, I would. I updated clover and now when I am on the boot page (where the drives show up) I can select a drive to boot, but the system reboots it seems I can not do anything at this moment.

I tried save mode but does not work. No I try to boot from usb for the second time. But it seems the usb get stuck at 90% of the progress bar.
press space bar at the clover menu and select verbose and then arrow up to boot macos with selected options (or similar wording)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back