Contribute
Register

Upgrade/Clean Install to Mojave or High Sierra from Mavericks for a Sandy Bridge i7 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also tried to do an USB key with version 13.6 and 13.1 of High Sierra....and I also tried to putting the kext and driver64 files of my working Mavericks EFI into the EFI partition of the USB key.... but the problem is the same: at clover boot screen i follow th guide and activate verbose mode and slide=0 flags but the booting process freezes ith ++++++++++ line

Do you think if i try to install El Captain (or maybe Sierra) instead of High Sierra I would have the same issues? or maybe all will be easier? I don't know the differences, concerning the Nvidia old card, between the two OS systems.

I think the issue I have is caused by my Nvidia 8600 gt gpu card. Could you confirm it and advice me how can I walkaround the problem?

Thanks

Did you choose "Inject Nvidia" in the Clover settings before trying to boot the High Sierra installer from the USB stick?

I suggest you post a new post in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum as you are trying to install High Sierra now.

Hi
Finally I had succesfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 and all work well but my Nvidia Gt 8600 gpu (also if I see it in system report) has only a 1024x768 resolution.... maybe Nvidiastrtup.kext? Nvidia web drivers? can you suggest me how cn I solve this issue? thanks

Hey I've got a similar system running Mojave perfectly. The only difference being I've got a GTX770 instead of the 8600gt. That card is getting pretty old and you'd probably benefit significantly from even a modest update. Here's a copy of my Multibeast settings though in case it helps.

NVIDIA Web drivers (or WhateverGreen) might help you if it's just display that's the issue.

Thanks Saint and sorry for the delay. I am thinking to upgrade my GPU could you suggest me a budget graphic card (new or used) capable to drive 3 display? I am a composer and don't need a powerful GPU but only the possibility to work with 3 screen. I don't know if RX570 or any NVidia....could you help me thanks?

Hey so sorry I missed this reply a while back. I see you've now got an RX 570 in your signature. How'd you go getting it to work on your system? I'm replacing my GTX770 with an RX580 in my 2600k rig but running into black screen problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back