Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Short question: Is it a good idea to upgrade the system bios before installing Sierra or High Sierra?

Long version: I have twin (almost) hp2570p. They are identical in every way except one has a cor i5 3360 2.8ghz and the other has a core i7 3520 2.9ghz. The i5 has El Capitan running perfectly. When I place the Mac SSD in the i7, it works but is slower. I tried to run GeekBench3 and it was real slow. Intel Power Gadget revealed no change in all three graphs. They stay the same--pretty much a flat line. So, I'm guessing the i7 needs a different config file or DST. I plan on installing sierra or High sierra instead. Meanwhile, I have a cloned SSD from the i5 in the i7 so I can experiment.
But the question remains: is it a good idea to update the bios?

Short question: Is it a good idea to upgrade the system bios before installing Sierra or High Sierra?

Long version: I have twin (almost) hp2570p. They are identical in every way except one has a cor i5 3360 2.8ghz and the other has a core i7 3520 2.9ghz. The i5 has El Capitan running perfectly. When I place the Mac SSD in the i7, it works but is slower. I tried to run GeekBench3 and it was real slow. Intel Power Gadget revealed no change in all three graphs. They stay the same--pretty much a flat line. So, I'm guessing the i7 needs a different config file or DST. I plan on installing sierra or High sierra instead. Meanwhile, I have a cloned SSD from the i5 in the i7 so I can experiment.
But the question remains: is it a good idea to update the bios?

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back