Contribute
Register

Upgrade 10.12.6 to Mojave: Error, graphics card must have metal support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are more difficult to hackintosh due to the limited BIOS options and settings. I would suggest you wait for Unibeast for Mojave to become available and make an installer with that. Download Mojave from the Mac App Store and then try a clean install. Then follow the complete Mojave install guide on this site and don't mix in guides from other sites that are somewhat different in procedure as that will usually end up in failure.
Okay. But anyway, thanks for the advice.. Maybe I'll try another clean installation tomorrow without that NVIDIA stuff...

I am trying to upgrade from 10.12.6 to 10.14 (Mojave), and have successfully loaded the mojave installer onto a USB. However, upon trying to boot from USB to install Mojave, I get the following:

"installing mojave requires that all graphics cards have metal support and that filevault is disabled"

I made sure my filevaule is disabled, and the graphics card in my computer is EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Single Slot 2GB DDR3 Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2742-KR, which I've read online does support Metal. Is something weird happening, where my graphics card isn't recognized and it's trying to use my integrated graphics instead? I've attached my config.plist, and my mother board is Gigabyte LGA 1150 Z97 HD AUDIO Support Multi graphics Micro ATX Motherboard Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards GA-Z97M-D3H

Thank you. I am a hackintosh novice and any suggestions would be very very much appreciated.
Hey did you figure out how to get past this error? if so please post how. I been searching everywhere.

Hey did you figure out how to get past this error? if so please post how. I been searching everywhere.

His config was 99% of the way there. Making the remaining changes that rts96 said brings you the rest of the way there.

Totally working on my new rig.

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Intel i9-9900K
4GZ 32GB Ram
Be Quiet Dark Base 700 case in white
Thermaltake 360mm Liquid AIO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back