Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
I am trying to upgrade from 10.12.6 to 10.14 (Mojave), and have successfully loaded the mojave installer onto a USB. However, upon trying to boot from USB to install Mojave, I get the following:

"installing mojave requires that all graphics cards have metal support and that filevault is disabled"

I made sure my filevaule is disabled, and the graphics card in my computer is EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Single Slot 2GB DDR3 Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2742-KR, which I've read online does support Metal. Is something weird happening, where my graphics card isn't recognized and it's trying to use my integrated graphics instead? I've attached my config.plist, and my mother board is Gigabyte LGA 1150 Z97 HD AUDIO Support Multi graphics Micro ATX Motherboard Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards GA-Z97M-D3H

Thank you. I am a hackintosh novice and any suggestions would be very very much appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 188
Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.

I have updated to mojave from high sierra and somehow managed to run old nvidia web drivers on mojave. But it seems like hardware acceleration is not working. Anyway to enable hardware accelration using 750ti web drivers or intel hd graphics?

I have updated to mojave from high sierra and somehow managed to run old nvidia web drivers on mojave. But it seems like hardware acceleration is not working. Anyway to enable hardware accelration using 750ti web drivers or intel hd graphics?
There will be no acceleration until the new Mojave drivers are released. The Intel HD4600 graphics will have acceleration in Mojave as they are fully supported. The 750 Ti isn't supported without the new drivers specifically for Mojave.

There will be no acceleration until the new Mojave drivers are released. The Intel HD4600 graphics will have acceleration in Mojave as they are fully supported. The 750 Ti isn't supported without the new drivers specifically for Mojave.

One question.. Just completed my first Hackintosh and read something about the NVIDIA-Metal issue... I had problems like no hardware acceleration and an invisible mouse pointer until you crank its size up to like really big...

So I disconnected the NVIDIA card - as it is just a GT 705 which isn't even stronger then my integrated ones and installed again with the same image like for the NVIDIA card.. But as I checked the one box for NVIDIA - How do I now get Intel drivers for a hardware acceleration?

How do I now get Intel drivers for a hardware acceleration?

Intel drivers for HD4600 are already in Mojave. You just need to Inject Intel in your Clover config.plist.

One question.. Just completed my first Hackintosh and read something about the NVIDIA-Metal issue... I had problems like no hardware acceleration and an invisible mouse pointer until you crank its size up to like really big...

So I disconnected the NVIDIA card - as it is just a GT 705 which isn't even stronger then my integrated ones and installed again with the same image like for the NVIDIA card.. But as I checked the one box for NVIDIA - How do I now get Intel drivers for a hardware acceleration?
Is this possible without reinstalling the system? Probably not right?

Is this possible without reinstalling the system? Probably not right?
No need to re-install simply mount the EFI partition on your macOS boot drive and edit the config.plist. You can use Clover Configurator to do this.

No need to re-install simply mount the EFI partition on your macOS boot drive and edit the config.plist. You can use Clover Configurator to do this.

Thanks a lot... Sorry as I said - First build with existing hardware...

Ok. Done... Now reboot - let's hope it works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back