GTX 770 TF
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys!

I want to update my hackintosh to Yosemite from Mavericks. I saw the short thread about it by Tonymacx86, but it wasn't very detailed and since I am definitely not an expert in this field, I was wondering two things:

1. Can I update through the App Store, or is there some reason this won't work?
2. Will a more detailed guide be coming out from Tonymacx86 any time soon, because right now it only has a brief overview.

Thanks!

Thanks, but what do I have to do differently from that guide so that I don't lose all my data.

What's to be sure 'bout. Just follow the instructions...

Thanks, but I'm not sure about step 6.

If by "I'm not sure" you really mean "i'm not sure i'm willing loose all my data because I don't have full backups" or you doubt your ability to recover if things go wrong or you're gonna flip because your computer isn't usable then I would advise against doing it.

no offense, but I don't know your ability on a computer. Do you laugh at the prospect of possibly hosing your system or are you confident you can recover if things go wrong? Did you build the hackintosh and get it up and running yourself?

proceed with caution, read the instructions, then read them again, and post clear, concise and specific questions should a problem arise and you'll get good answers.

GOOD LUCK!

edit:

get your motherboard and memory configuration (how many sticks) in your system specs if you want quality help.

ps...bumping your post after less than 4 hours is generally frowned upon and a violation of the rules. But I won't hold it against you. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back