Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys, if you're like me, you have been using Mavericks on a RAID 0 configuration. Now after hours of tinkering, here's what you should know to update to OS 10.10 Yosemite.

Now obviously this all starts with a bootable USB flashdrive. The particulars of such should be already known. But before you go about your update, there's a few preliminary steps. First of all, download Chimera 4.0. Then download Pacifist. Using Pacifist, unpack Chimera and extract the "boot" file only, and add it to your boot drive.

Now what you want to do is add Multibeast to your drive as well. Then restart your system booting from your USB drive.

Begin your installation to your RAID drive. It should take about 17 minutes, then your system will restart. If you choose to let your system start normally, you will be greeted with a bootloader, but it will not recognize your Yosemite drives. Instead, launch your system with the USB drive again.

Once you hit this bootloader, launch from one of your drives in your RAID configuration. Then the installation is complete. Now comes the task of getting your system to boot normally.

Go to Terminal and mount the Apple Boot partitions in your physical drives making up your array. This is the same step you made when you originally setup your RAID.

Now take the time to open MultiBeast and install any changes you want made, excluding drivers. Once these changes are installed, take your extracted Chimera "boot" file and the updated Extras folder and copy & paste them into your Apple boot partitions. You should be only overwriting old files at this point. Once completed, eject both partitions and restart your system. It should boot normal now.

Then open MultiBeast and install any necessary drivers, then restart again. At this point, your system should now be fully functioning.

I hope this guide helps you guys in your updating to Yosemite on your RAID 0 configured system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you explain in a little more detail. Really need to know how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back