Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I have been having some problems trying to get my system on its feet.
My build is the last build on the 2011 Customac Reccomeded Builds page.

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6870
RAM 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Power Supply Corsair 650watt
HDD Samsung 1TB

These are my Bios settings: IMG_9876.jpg
IMG_9877.jpg
IMG_9878.jpg

Okay so I am a video editor, I don't know a lot about computers but I'm trying to get this system up quickly. I followed the iBoot tutorial, making sure that I didnt have any other devices plugged in, only 4GB of RAM, and that the SATA cables were plugged into the Blue Intel ports not the white Gigabyte: do I have this right?
IMG_9879.jpg

So, I have been able to get Snow Leopard installed on my computer fine but I can only boot it with iBoot. I have followed multiple user suggestions for Updating and running Multibeast but every time I do this my computer hangs on the loading screen once rebooted and then usually proceeds to just go into a sleep mode I guess. Even when I try rebooting with the iBoot disc the same thing happens so I have to format my hard drive and restart. I have done this about 8 times now and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. What method should I be using to get my system going? or do I even have to update to 10.6.8? I really don't care I just want a working system even if that means it is not fully updated.

I can remember trying these methods so far, with no luck:

1. iBoot + 10.6.3 Retail
2. Multibeast Easy DSDT
3. Update Helper
4. Reboot using iBoot
5. 10.6.8 Combo
6. Multibeast User DSDT and System Utilities

1. iBoot + 10.6.3 Retail
2. Multibeast User DSDT
3. Reboot without iBoot

1. iBoot + 10.6.3 Retail
2. Update Helper
3. Multibeast User DSDT and System Utilities
4. Reboot without iBoot

Also one last thing, I have been using the F8 version DSDT because I think that my motherboard has an F8 bios, as I think you can see in the top left corner of this picture:
IMG_9881.jpg

Am I right?

Thanks for your help guys, hope I can get this going soon! :D

Attachments

• IMG_9876.jpg
    IMG_9876.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9877.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9878.jpg
    IMG_9878.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_9879.jpg
    IMG_9879.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9881.jpg
    IMG_9881.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 144
+1

i ve exactly the same config and i don't find solution too.
I was able to install 10.6.8 update once (at the 4th attempt) but when i ran multibeast to install missing kext (ps02 and usb3) it corrupt my install and was unable to boot even with Iboot

need help too!

TheMoon said:
+1

I was able to install 10.6.8 update once (at the 4th attempt) but when i ran multibeast to install missing kext (ps02 and usb3) it corrupt my install and was unable to boot even with Iboot

need help too!

Do you remember how you got it to work on your 4th attemp?
what was the order you did things in?

Also, all day long I have been working on this and still no solution. I even tried just updating to 10.6.6 which got me no where, the computer would boot but the loading screen did not even have the spinning cog wheel.

By the way, try putting in the iBoot disc and before pressing enter to load MAC OSX type DSDT=anything and then press enter. That seems to work good for me whenever iBoot can't get the computer booting again.

Sector4vids said:
TheMoon said:
+1

need help too!

Do you remember how you got it to work on your 4th attemp?
what was the order you did things in?

Also, all day long I have been working on this and still no solution. I even tried just updating to 10.6.6 which got me no where, the computer would boot but the loading screen did not even have the spinning cog wheel.

By the way, try putting in the iBoot disc and before pressing enter to load MAC OSX type DSDT=anything and then press enter. That seems to work good for me whenever iBoot can't get the computer booting again.

Hi guys,

Have you gotten your machines set up? I bought the same config last week and
I got my system booting no prob following the installation guide by Chris Bidmead:
http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/28/f ... dy_bridge/
(He uses iBoot+Multibeast also.)

I'm yet to set up my on-board audio. Hope it'll work.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back