Contribute
Register

Updating SmBios to more fitting product, breaking iCloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have a Hackintosh running Clover and Yosemite (followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) and it works quite well. I have a few issues with audio and network which I kind of had before on Mavericks.

I recently read that some of the kernel features might not work correctly when using a product id in the SmBios that does not quite fit my CPU/Chipset. So I am thinking to change that but I am afraid I might break iCloud. I am already blacklisted in iMessage although I have the imessage debug values suggested in the second post in the thread from the guide in place in my config. So that probably can't get any worse, but I don't want to loose iCloud support. Any ideas what might happen or if I should deactivate iCloud support before changing any values? Do I have to change any other values, as well? SmUUID/Board Serial Number/Board-ID/Serial Number?

Thanks for suggestions.

PS: Current Product Name is MacPro3,1. I have a H81 Chipset running a Haswell i3-4330 and thus would use iMac14,4 or iMac14,2.

Your not presonally blacklisted from imessage, Apple have just tightened their security up so lots of people can no longer get it working. A fix is being worked upon.

You won't lose access to icloud by changing your smbios. Go ahead.

I just did. No change noticable, yet. Time has to tell. However, "About this Mac" still shows the old Mac Pro and not the iMac Product Identifier. Is there anything else I need to do? I changed it in the EFI Partition in CLOVER/config.plist and did nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back