Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87N-Wifi
CPU
Core i5-4690K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking to update my OS from Mountain Lion. I am assuming I cannot jump all the way to sierra correct?
If that is the case what can I update to and can someone point my in the direction of where directions for that are.
I am not proficient with the inner workings of my hackintosh. I simply bought the right parts and followed directions on here to the letter and it worked. So I am gonna need detailed directions.
Thanks!

If you want to go to Sierra, better to install clean instead of overwriting ML. The difference is mach_kernel in the root vs kernel in /kernels for the "Parks" versions of OS X.
You will also need to change boot loaders from Chimera/Chameleon to Clover.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Since you failed to follow the forum rules regarding hardware, your profile and/or creating a sig that is as far as I can advise you.

Hello everybody.
Looking into the same - an upgrade from Mountain Lion to Sierra. Would be very interested to do a direct update for not having to install all software once again
But also very interested on tips how to do a clean install.
Cheers!

Hello everybody.
Looking into the same - an upgrade from Mountain Lion to Sierra. Would be very interested to do a direct update for not having to install all software once again
But also very interested on tips how to do a clean install.
Cheers!
Post #3 applies to you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back