i5-3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a Thread for GA-Z77N-Wifi
Has anyone had a successful install on Z77N-WiFi?

Yep! Just went through the install process.

It's the easiest ever.

GA-z77n-wifi
I5-3570K OC'd to 4.3GHz
Crucial RAM OC'd to 1800MHz

Mac Pro 3,1 system definition w/(seemingly) full speed stepping. The latest mac mini system definition works (it seems) equally well.

Not working: auto-sleep (only the monitor sleeps) & iMessages. Otherwise, 100% perfect Mac functionality in every other respect.

Geekbench 3 scores:

http://i.imgur.com/gImttF8.png

misc observations: it's quite obvious that mavericks makes more efficient use of the CPU. I'm seeing system temps of 5C cooler than w/Mountain Lion. Also, it seems like it's easier for my GPU to kicked into a faster at-rest state than normal. Reboot seems to fix....and it seems like the "getting stuck" at a higher speed thing is only occasional - happening sometimes never on a reboot - happening sometimes after a reboot.

i have just finished install Mavericks on my GA-Z77N-WIFI build, all works fine.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI
Graphics: Nvidia GT 640
RAM: 16GB

Please not i do have a DSDT for my system using the guide over at http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/99822-gigabyte-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html
if you have any questions please ask. :)

EG: auto-sleep and clicking sleep in the menu works.

Why iMessage doesn't work? And the sleep problem is solved with the DSDT?

Please not i do have a DSDT for my system using the guide over at http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/99822-gigabyte-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html
if you have any questions please ask. :)

EG: auto-sleep and clicking sleep in the menu works.

Hey...

I've got a question: I think I've successfully generated and installed a DSDT - but, auto-sleep does not work (drop down sleep functions perfectly). I suppose I must have done something incorrectly, but the process really seems rather straightforward. Without going into huge detail, would you mind bullet-pointing your DSDT generation process if you have the time?

edit: Or, maybe this isn't the case, would your DSDT work for me?

Posting my success / two issues not yet discussed...

16gb
DSDT w/HDMI per tonymac
intel HD
mac pro 3.1

Installed
Audio 8 9 2 w/dsdt
chimera
Trim
(nothing else really)

1. Even when running from system SSD, multibeast takes a very long time to load (5 to 10 minutes, anyone come across that?)

2. USB 2.0 3.0 not being recogznied...

UPDATE: Issue looks to be continuation of 10.8.5 z77 Chipset problem: Found that to get USB ports to work correctly (although only worked for small period of time.......) Had to use kernel flag " -gux_defer_usb2 " ... Once Drive was put in once and ejected properly, drives did not spin up again in system when plugging back in (restart only brought back drives recognized)

Current Solution: Generic Breaks USB entirely unless using kernel but does not continue to work. Vanilla Kexts have slight success (3.0 to 3.0 works for the most part / 3.0 to 2.0 port works / 2.0 to 3.0 do not)

ISSUE:

Everything is running great on my system with the exception of USB 3.0. It can't recognize 2.0 but can recognize 3.0 in main board ports. The 2.0 ports on board recognize 3.0 and 2.0

I thought it was the universal kext originally on Multibeast. Tried reinstall without kext from multibeast and issue still exists. Thinking it's a bios setting. can someone post their Bios setup that has their system running correctly on this forum so i can cross reference.

Hoping it's not my actual ports :(

I've had success but am experiencing crackling on audio sometimes, not sure why =(

Installed Mavericks without DSDT(don't need hdmi audio), almost all working great.

z77n-wifi
i7-3770k
560ti

Not working for me:
- Airvideo (same as earlier on Mountain L)
Also i don't know how to test speedstepping, i used 3.1 Mac Pro definitions

I've had success but am experiencing crackling on audio sometimes, not sure why =(

After you inactive some time you hear crack sound when some audio starts? if yes - mac 3.1 defenitions help

But I just have to put the dsdt in /Extra folder and reboot?

EDIT:
I've created the DSDT file, i've compiled it and i've put this DSDT.aml file in /Extra folder but when i click Apple Menu -> Stop Only the monitor goes to sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back