I7 4770
Graphics
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear,

I wanted to ask about doing an update of my build. It has been 5 ages since I built my first Hackintosh and I'm totally fascinated with it. Anyway, I wanted to upgrade it through graphic card, but I'm a bit rusty about configs, drivers, etc.

I write down here my relevant components, and I'm looking for some advices and help from the community please:

I'm using Mavericks as OS 10.9.5
  • Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Memoria RAM DDR3 (PC1600, 8 GB, CL9), 2 x 4 GB
  • Kingston SV300S37A - SSD120 GB
  • EVGA 02G-P4-2651-KR which is a Geforce GTX650 2GB RAM
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue - Disco duro interno 3.5" de 1 TB (SATA Buffer 64 MB)
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H - Placa base (Socket Intel LGA1150, 4 x DDR3 DIMM hasta 64 GB, 10 x SATA, 10 x USB, 2 x HDMI, Audio HD 7.1)
  • Intel Core i7-4770 - Procesador (3.4 GHz, 8 MB)
  • OCZ ModXStream 600W
As I wrote in topic I want to add an Gigabyte Geforce 1050ti 4GB, what should I do?

Thank you so much,
David

Dear,

I wanted to ask about doing an update of my build. It has been 5 ages since I built my first Hackintosh and I'm totally fascinated with it. Anyway, I wanted to upgrade it through graphic card, but I'm a bit rusty about configs, drivers, etc.

I write down here my relevant components, and I'm looking for some advices and help from the community please:

I'm using Mavericks as OS 10.9.5
  • Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Memoria RAM DDR3 (PC1600, 8 GB, CL9), 2 x 4 GB
  • Kingston SV300S37A - SSD120 GB
  • EVGA 02G-P4-2651-KR which is a Geforce GTX650 2GB RAM
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue - Disco duro interno 3.5" de 1 TB (SATA Buffer 64 MB)
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H - Placa base (Socket Intel LGA1150, 4 x DDR3 DIMM hasta 64 GB, 10 x SATA, 10 x USB, 2 x HDMI, Audio HD 7.1)
  • Intel Core i7-4770 - Procesador (3.4 GHz, 8 MB)
  • OCZ ModXStream 600W
As I wrote in topic I want to add an Gigabyte Geforce 1050ti 4GB, what should I do?

Thank you so much,
David
This upgrade is very possible. My rig is proof of it.

Do not install over your Mavericks installation on the Kingston drive and do not install over whatever flash drive you have as the installer for Mavericks. Buy a new drive (SSD or HDD) or reuse your HDD -- but for any drive you'll have to erase and reformat the drive completely. Buy a new 8-16GB USB flash drive.

Install Apple's macOS installer using UniBeast 8.3.1:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-8-3-1.381/
Here on UniBeast and later with MultiBeast always choose UEFI only when asked to choose and when choosing your system definition (SMBIOS) choose iMac 14,2.

To install macOS installer on the flash drive and macOS 10.13.4 on your disk follow tonymacx86's installation method:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

After you make your USB flash drive installer, restart, and then
Go into your BIOS (hitting "Delete" while starting up) and use these settings:

Start by loading optimized defaults. Use the profile for your RAM, if you need it. No OC on your processor. Fast Boot (DISabled); Execute Disable Bit (Enabled); Intel Virtualization (Enabled); Secure Boot (DISabled); Boot Mode Selection (I suggest UEFI and Legacy, but can try UEFI Only); Storage Boot (Legacy Only); Init Display First (IGFX); XHCI Mode (Smart Auto /or Auto); Internal Graphics (Enabled) and Memory Size (128M); Intel Rapid Start (DISabled); Legacy USB (Enabled); XHCI Hand-Off (Enabled); EHCI Hand Off (DISabled).

In Bios, choose SAVE and Exit Setup, which reboots. Shutdown.

Disconnect all SSD's and HDD's except the one you're installing to and pull out your graphics card, your GTX 650 or the new one before installing. To install: Start up the computer and at Clover menu (if going there is not automatic, start up again and start hitting F12 to open the system bootloader, choose the UEFI version of your new USB flash drive installer and there choose Install macOS.

NOTE: because SSD's will automatically covert to APFS and HDD's stay HFS+ when you install High Sierra on them, read in the installation guide by tonymacx86 about this:
(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/),
There are ways to handle that to stay in HFS+

I'll write more later. In mean time if you're not doing this soon, download Clover Configurator to your Mavericks installation. You can use it to mount your EFI folder on this partition and on your flashdrive installers. Careful what you do, just look unless you have experience. The all-essential Clover config.plist (A COPY PLEASE NOT THE ORIGINAL) can be dragged to the CC icon in your dock and opened that way into the configuration fields.

Read these posts of mine to find some similarities to what you're doing:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-3-supplemental-update.246266/page-27#post-1702833

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hout-success-help-please.247957/#post-1705800

Let me know if this sounds like the right direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back