CPU
Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell Quad-Core 3 3.1GHz
Graphics
OB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking to update my build from Maverick (10.9.5) to the latest High Sierra version. I first installed using the Unibeast/Multibeast method. I plan on backing up using Carbon Copy.

Can anyone point me towards the best guides toward that end? I'm having a bit of trouble parsing the Uni/Multi method, the "direct" update method, updating clover, the clover/chimera switch, etc. If anyone can field the questions below, I'd be most grateful. Apologies if they seem rudimentary; I am no computer scientist, but I'm saavy.

- Do I have to update linearly, or can I upgrade directly to High Sierra?
- If I update using the Unibeast/Multibeast method and build a new bootloader (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/), will that leave my system preferences and installed program files intact?

Last edited:
@RyPi, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo all set. Thank so much for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back