Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need some advice. I think its an easy fix but can't get my head around it.

Created Unibeast and installed Mavericks fine, updating from 10.8.5. Install went fine. Ran MultiBeast but can't get it to boot. If I boot using Unibeast and use -x to safe boot the OSX drive it gets into it fine and I can see it's updated fine.

However, trying to boot using the OSX drive give me kernel panics. The panics seem to be relating to CPUPowerManagement or IOACPI kexts. Just need to work out MultiBeast options and the it'll be sorted. Grateful for any help!

When I safe boot I get a panic on the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext.

Hi
I have tried to update from 10.8.5 to Mavericks but after installation is done, i cant boot up on Mavericks to run Multibeast.

I get panic error:
Pic1.JPG

Tried to run it with -v -x flag and get kext AppleACPIPlatform not found:
Pic2.JPG

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi everyone. this board just work fine. i create installer USB and boot directly no boot flag at all, after fresh install, i check speedstep, it run x16 and x33, but after i run multi beast 6.0 with DSDT free, i stuck with x16, don't know how to fix, try a lot of method in SDST forums, still hang in there, my cpu is 2500K. someone help me with this thanks you very much.

So I updated to Mavericks! Went though 2 problems:

1. Make sure you update Chimera before you do this. I was on 2.0.1 and it would not boot.

2. iMessage is not working anymore since I've upgraded to 2.2.1. Still trying to fix it. Anybody want to send me there extras folder so I can compare what I got or can anyone give me any tips? I've tried to to the FileNVRAM.dylib and no success.

Also, can anybody with an Ivy Bridge play a iTunes downloaded video with this motherboard.

Thanks for the help in advance

This will fix the iMessage problem

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/242-chameleon-wizard-422/

Install the latest chameleon boot loader and will work perfectly. I did this and now works, just install onto the mac HDD

Are you getting this pop up?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 14.26.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 14.26.51.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 142
Everything installed without a hiccup. Had trouble with login for iCloud and App store. The fix was: eliminate NetworkInteraces.plist file remove the devices in System Preferences>Network, reboot then re-add the devices starting with the Ethernet first. Login without a hitch. Everything was peachy keen until reboot. Now my internet wi-fi is having trouble. I connect fine, but my Wi-Fi speed grinds to a halt very quickly, I get a burst for a second or two initially of normal speed when it first connects, but then next to nothing.

Should I not have deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist? Before I got rid of it to be able to login to the App store and iCloud I had a decent download rate. Now it is next to nothing. Does anyone have the network interfaces.plist to share again? Is this my problem?

I should mention I have the TP-Link 4800 Wifi Atheros AR8161 , with Multibeast 6.0 Atheros drivers installed.

I have sound working out of the green port. I have revision 2 board. Never had audio issues. Installed Mavericks, used Unibeast to get into Mavericks HDD - used Multibeast and installed trim and audio - everything else just worked.
I have installed mavericks from UniBeast, everything works fine except the audio. I tried to use multibeast but nothing, I note, however, the sound does not come out.

HiI have tried to update from 10.8.5 to Mavericks but after installation is done, i cant boot up on Mavericks to run Multibeast.I get panic error:View attachment 71080Tried to run it with -v -x flag and get kext AppleACPIPlatform not found:View attachment 71082 Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi I just restored back to ML 10.8.5 and is running again.

I formated another harddisk (not SSD) and made a new installation of Mavericks on that and it works, I have some drivers to check but it can wait, it was just a test to se if i could get longer with the installation.

My question is, is my upgrade of ML to Mavericks failing because its installed on a SSD?

Hi guys, I need some help. I installed Mavericks using Unibeast 3.0. After that, when I installed Multibeast, I checked:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898 Drivers
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot, Generate CPU States Customize , Desktop Customize, GraphicEnabler = Yes, IGPEnabler=No
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 5,1 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

However, I got the following kernel panic.(see attachment). What should I do now? I tried boot -v -x but still the same. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
THe reason is you choosed macpro 5.1 and the kext tries to load the ECC kext on your desktop machine.

You have 2 choices:-

1) Choose MacPro3,1

OR

2) delete /S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Do your home work, and make use of the thread search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back