Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Everything is working well on mine. I didn't had to do any trick with my Ethernet connexion. The Mac App Store worked OOb, same for iCloud. And in order to get iMessage to work, I just had to use Chameleon to have Chimera r2266 (latest one) loaded instead of the 2248.
Simplest installation ever !

So everything is great, except for AirPlay. My Hack is connected to internet with a Time Capsume FYI.

I can airplay a video or a song to my Apple TV with iTunes since I have the airplay icon in the iTunes app. But I still don't have the airplay icon in the menu bar.
In my Display settings, the "Show mirror..." is ticked. But I don't have a drop down menu as I have seen on some screen captures here and there with "Off - Apple TV" or other options.

My hack is linked to 2 24" displays by the way. But I just tried to unplug one of them and it didn't help. So maybe it's not possible to do it with 2 displays... if anyone have it working and uses 2 displays, some feedback experience would be great !

Now you work the audio? I have your same configuration

Shox01, I think you are referring to your other post where you were trying to get the headphone audio port (the green one) to work. Toleda replied that it would be unlikely to work as it did not work in Mountain Lion. I replied and explained that toleda was referring to a known problem with the Z77X-UD5H where the green headphone port does not work with OSX. I also outlined various other solutions that you could use.

I think that maybe English is not your first language so excuse me if I have got that wrong. Here it is in as simple a way as I can think of.

You will not get the green audio connector at the back of the motherboard to work - it does not work with OSX.
The other ports will work - I have used the black one before.
Another solution would be to use the Optical Audio out.
Yet another solution if you want a headphone solution is to use USB headphones.

I currently use HDMI audio - I have made a DSDT following instructions linked to in my previous post (written by toleda on enabling HDMI audio on EUFI boards). So my audio comes via the HDMI lead to my monitor which has speakers. I also use USB headphones whenever I want headphones.

So the 898 drivers in Multibeast 6.0 work fine the only problem is that the green port does not work and on these boards will not ever work on OSX.

I hope I have explained that in a way you can understand. :thumbup:

And in order to get iMessage to work, I just had to use Chameleon to have Chimera r2266 (latest one) loaded instead of the 2248.

OK, trying to understand what you just said there. Do you mean you loaded a version of Chimera called r2266 or did you use Chameleon boot loader r2266 instead of Chimera. I am guessing that you mean you used Chameleon but thought I would check

ok i m stuck now ... badly ... what is did was make new bootable usb with unibeast and without doing backup about anything i just start the new installation .. formatted the SSD and did a new installation . after the installation was complete i ran multi beast and did something like this on this configuration

i7 3770K
Z77x-UD5H
16GB Ram
GTX 650 1GB
Corsair Gt 120GB SSD > OS
1TB HDD > Data
TPlink WDN4800 Wifi
Cheap Bluetooth dongle for Trackpad

DSDT Free
Audio ALC898 Driver
3rd Party Sata
didn't install Network Driver because using wifi
Chimera v2.2.1
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No

or different settings

anyways after the multi beast installation i remove the usb and boot directly from HDD.... and it doesn't boot .. intalled mavericks like 15 times but it can boot directly form HDD .. i have to use usb to boot from hdd and the errors i m getting if i try to boot from HDD

Grey Screen
Black Screen
Apple Loading Screen without loading icon
Apple Loading Screen with loading icon

please let me know what i can do to boot it directly from HDD because its getting real frustrating :/

ThankYou

I get all the way to the end and I get an installation failed screen with no additional information on how or why it failed.

Anybody run into this or have any suggestions?

I followed the step by step and am upgrading from ML 10.8.4

I got both iWork and iLife updated from the App store for free without too many problems(would stall, but Im guessing cause I was updating so many at once). But now all 6 apps are up to date.

The only problem I have is sleep. When I put the machine to sleep, it works, turns the monitor and machine off. When I wake it up, the machine wakes up but the monitor does not wake up, forcing me to reboot the computer.

try darkwake=0
sleep works perfectly on my rig

All USB 3.0 ports on rear side does not work for storage devices, such as USB stick and External HDD. Everything works exactly fine on two front ports, though.

It seems USB 3.0 drive installed properly. I have tried both UniBeast preloaded driver as well as GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.7d8, but both drivers did not solved the problem.

View attachment 70707

As you might able to see on my attachment, there are both USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus and SuperSpeed Bus on the device tree list. Hmm......

On my USB info I have 2 4 Port USB Hubs under the USB Super Speed heading. It also read USB flash drives. I haven't installed any additional Kexts with multi beast either. Which revision of the board do you have?

For those of you who are having trouble logging into iMessage, have you tried using Clover instead of Chimera?

Confirmed that Clover works 100% iMessage (Messages), and App store works. Though I can not play purchased movies in iTunes. :crazy:

Everything else works as it should with the exception of SS/Turbo. Both work, only after I sleep the system and wake, otherwise it is either 1600MHz or 3500MHz. I also no longer need the sleep/screen rotate trick for my 7950HD (x2) , which is awesome!

Edit: I trashed the OS X Mavericks installer from my HD (to save on space), and since then, I can not re-download it from the App Store. Anyone know a fix and/or why? Must have been the Apple servers, because the d/l eventually started.

10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H 670 Autosleep Cuda

I successfully installed 10.9 on Z77 UD5H board with GeForce GTX 670 graphic. I have only two problems - like in the title.
Sleep works but not Autosleep
other one is probably not easy to fix: Cuda works in CC but not in CS6
I searched for few hours and could not find solution.

CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.28 installed
Im using MacPro 5.1 as I found it more stable with Cuda in 10.8.x

Multibeast instals
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898 Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2 Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > IGPEnabler=No Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 5,1 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

My plist
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>