Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
All USB 3.0 ports on rear side does not work for storage devices, such as USB stick and External HDD. Everything works exactly fine on two front ports, though.

It seems USB 3.0 drive installed properly. I have tried both UniBeast preloaded driver as well as GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.7d8, but both drivers did not solved the problem.

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.51.33 PM.png

As you might able to see on my attachment, there are both USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus and SuperSpeed Bus on the device tree list. Hmm......

I have used Unibeast 3.0.0 to create a Mavericks USB and when I boot from it I get the Apple logo and the hour glass effect but then the PC sort of reboots (you can hear it reset) and the display never comes back and I have to do a hard reset. I have tried with the -x option but that makes no difference. My hardware is in my signature and I am trying to upgrade an existing 10.8.5 install - but it never gets that far because it doesn't even get to the screen where you are asked what language etc. Can ANYONE help please ?

has anyone success downloading free iwork & ilife or updating to the new versions installed from dvd aka iwork 09 and ilife 11 ??? is there a need to use a different mac serial ???
Tks:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I got both iWork and iLife updated from the App store for free without too many problems(would stall, but Im guessing cause I was updating so many at once). But now all 6 apps are up to date.

The only problem I have is sleep. When I put the machine to sleep, it works, turns the monitor and machine off. When I wake it up, the machine wakes up but the monitor does not wake up, forcing me to reboot the computer.

posting from successful mavericks install ! was almost without glitch (one issue with graphics though)

hardware:
z77x-ud5h
i7 3770
gtx 660 twin frozer
16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
webcam logitech c910

Steps and issues:
- boot with unibeast with -v -x flags
- install over ML 10.8.4

- had to disable integrated Intel (HD 4000) in BIOS
==if not disabled, boot hangs on infamous 'MISSING BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER ' error

What is working:
- audio (toleda 10.9 patched kext)
- network
- qe/ci with 660 gtx
- webcam
- store

Did not test iMessages (not using it)

Can you do some Bench Tests on your GTX 660. Mine seems to have lost a little Open GL performance and lost alot of Open CL performance.

I got both iWork and iLife updated from the App store for free without too many problems(would stall, but Im guessing cause I was updating so many at once). But now all 6 apps are up to date.

The only problem I have is sleep. When I put the machine to sleep, it works, turns the monitor and machine off. When I wake it up, the machine wakes up but the monitor does not wake up, forcing me to reboot the computer.

Tks, but in my case (I made a clean install and pgrade fom ML) I got from appstore iwork& ilife apps marked as ready to update, but I have been receiving the error message "This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again." ....a DVD apple id???? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

OK after a day of running with Mavericks I am very happy with how things have gone.

Everything works so far, sleep works out of the box better than on any Hack I have built and best of all seeing as I have a ATI HD6870 it is no longer necessary to remove it and install using HD4000.

I now have Messages working thanks to the hint from wildwillow earlier in this thread. My own first attempt had messages working but then could not replicate - so used wild willow's NVRAM hint.

I am currently downloading an HD movie from iTunes to test if that works.

I am using a DSDT created for HDMI Audio based on [Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

All my USB 3.0 ports appear to work and I will test their functionality when I get the time.
I am using the
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and wake from sleep works very well with it (better than it did for me in ML).

OK after a day of running with Mavericks I am very happy with how things have gone.

Everything works so far, sleep works out of the box better than on any Hack I have built and best of all seeing as I have a ATI HD6870 it is no longer necessary to remove it and install using HD4000.

I now have Messages working thanks to the hint from wildwillow earlier in this thread. My own first attempt had messages working but then could not replicate - so used wild willow's NVRAM hint.

I am currently downloading an HD movie from iTunes to test if that works.

I am using a DSDT created for HDMI Audio based on [Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

All my USB 3.0 ports appear to work and I will test their functionality when I get the time.
I am using the
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and wake from sleep works very well with it (better than it did for me in ML).
Now you work the audio? I have your same configuration

Upgrading from 10.8.5 to 10.9 on the mobo went buttery smooth it's what I did after that caused a nightmare!

I created my Unibeast 3.0 USB stick per instructions without problem and downloaded latest MB. I installed as an upgrade not a clean install. Since my "user" folder with all my data and settings are on rotational drive (not the ssd) I relinked in system pref under admin user name (no didn't create second use account) and once rebooted "big surprise" couldn't log in.. So had to make choice restore from my 10.8.5 ccc back up and start over or just do clean install. Went with clean install (fpc 7 is such a pain to reinstall!)

Everything seems to be working accept my HD 797O's performance seems to be cut in half! My Unigen scores are half of what they were under 10.8.5. Another odd anomaly seems to be that when I boot the computer it will boot into twos of the three monitors, one being the HD 4000 the other being HD 7970 whereas I have two screens connect to the HD 7970. If I do an immediate reboot than all screens appear as they are supposed to. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

The only other problem I seem to be having with this build at the moment is that I cannot update the iWork and iLife apps from the app store. This is quite annoying because now I cannot open iPhoto.

A sidenote… My HTPC updated to Mavericks just fine and the GTX 650 TI that I could no get installed before installed right out-of-the-box go figure...

UPDATE: I have finally been able to download the iWork and iLife upgrade from the MAS! Yeah! Not sure if it is something I did or Apple but here is what I did:

1/updated my daughters Macbook to Mavericks
2/updated iPhoto (and then the other apps later)
3/copied iPhoto onto external drive along with iPhoto files in /Library/Application Support
4/overwrote files on hackPRO
5/launched updated iPhoto... Yeah! Works!
6/go to MAS and iPhoto is no longer needing update... select update on other apps put... in Apple ID password... viola they all download!

Conclusion: not really sure if that made it work because I hadn't tried to download apps from MAS on hackPRO this morning but I know when I went to bed they were not downloading.

Cheers!

I also had the iMessage problem, both in ML and Mavericks, and what I did was to download the latest Chameleon 2.2 and copy FileNVRam 1.1.3 to modules folder, and then both iMessage and FaceTime works very well.. No boot flags or password changing used afterwards.. Just reboot the machine and voila!;)

All good for me,

Gigabyte Z77-UD5H, Intel i7 3770K, 16 Gig Corsair RAM

Created new usb installer as per TonyMacs Guide, Clean install to HDD

I kept my SMBIOS.PLIST from my Mountain Lion Install (keep the same serial number)

Used new Multibest to install audio, networks drivers ... etc
Be sure to check for updates for all your apps and utilities.
For iMessage workaround Use go here:-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#post671803

Also be sure that your internet is connected to the Intel ethernet adapter (eth0) seems that is important for the App Store.

Once i got my build working i used carbon copy cloner to move new Mavericks build to my SSD Raid.
iMessage, App Store, iCloud all working without any problems and absolutely flies , best OSX yet

I've attached a multibeast install profile for Z77-UD5H V1.2 PCB

Cheers and Good luck everybody
Jay

Attachments

• Z77-UD5H-V1.2.mb
    5.9 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back