Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll try tossing that in there from my backup & hopefully be all good. Other than that, Mavericks has been smoothest/easiest upgrade yet. \m/

No problem, if it doesn't work you may just need to change your password. As pointed out to me by Stork. Once you have installed the FileNVram 1.1.2 in Modules, restart and type UseKernelCache=No. Just this once.

No problem, if it doesn't work you may just need to change your password. As pointed out to me by Stork. Once you have installed the FileNVram 1.1.2 in Modules, restart and type UseKernelCache=No. Just this once.

That did the trick, thanks! I just copied it back as you suggested, restarted, logged in and all is well.

has anyone success downloading free iwork & ilife or updating to the new versions installed from dvd aka iwork 09 and ilife 11 ??? is there a need to use a different mac serial ???
Tks:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can report that App Store and Messages work correctly on the Z77X-UD5H without need of deleting anything or adding anything. It just works!

Having said that you need to install in the same way as it was necessary to do with Mountain Lion in order to avoid issues.

If you have a WiFi adapter do not attach or install it until after you have installed Mavericks otherwise it will take the en0 address and you will have the issues previously reported in this thread.

The process I followed is more or less exactly what is in the Official Guide except I had to specify in the bios that the USB stick I was using for install should be treated as a hard drive rather than leaving it on Auto as happens with Optimised Defaults (this may not be necessary with all USB Sticks - it was with mine or it would not boot).

Prior to running the newly created Maverick Unibeast USB Stick I removed my WiFi adaptor (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) I accepted the default setting in Multibeast for DSDT Free except changing the Disk option from 3rd Party SATA to 3rd Party eSATA as I do not use any internal devices on the the non Intel connectors and instead have one connected to an eSATA connector on the front panel of my case.

On rebooting from the Maverick hard drive after MultiBeast and reboot I immediately logged into the App Store and onto Messages with no issue whatsoever.

I have now re-installed my WiFi card and all is working as expected. :thumbup:

Edited to add
Just tried following that exact process that had worked earlier on using another HDD an SSD this time and even though it worked perfectly the first time - this time I am getting the errors connecting to iCloud, App Store etc...

I will continue testing and will try with the original drive again (although I doubt the issue is the type of drive).

No luck with the FileNVram 1.1.2 in Modules & UseKernelCache=No trick. en0 (wired ethernet) is the only connection I have. It still says: "Could not sign into iMessage, An error occurred during activation. Try again". Otherwise, Mavericks working 99% with solid connection to iCloud, App Store, and iTunes. I'd be willing to try just about anything else - ideas?

You will probably need to change your password, it would have been locked out. Go to iTunes, your account and change it.

Disregard - I inadvertently used the 1.1.3 FileNVRAM version. I've now pasted the 1.1.2 version as suggested and iMessage works 100% now. Thanks for all the help.

No Problem. The 1.1.3 version is for FaceTime.

I just created the unibeast drive and am excited to upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9 on this motherboard!

Since I want to update rather than do a clean install, when I boot from the Unibeast disk and choose to install over the SSD with 10.8.5, will it upgrade rather than wiping it and doing a fresh install since I am not formatting it from the disk utility beforehand?

Thank you.

Ps: I will also test removing my TL-WDN4800 before installing.

I have just done the same on said Motherboard and it will indeed update rather than a clean install.
It has all gone very well (apart from 3 strange lock-ups .. but I think that is something to do with my system (I had been getting an USB error from time to time (overloaded USB port)) rather than anything else..).

quick and smooth update!

I just created the unibeast drive and am excited to upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9 on this motherboard!

Since I want to update rather than do a clean install, when I boot from the Unibeast disk and choose to install over the SSD with 10.8.5, will it upgrade rather than wiping it and doing a fresh install since I am not formatting it from the disk utility beforehand?

Thank you.

Ps: I will also test removing my TL-WDN4800 before installing.

That's what I did, all my information carried over except my Desktop Background and that's UNACCEPTABLE /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back