App Store
Wifi - WDN4800
Webcam
USB 3.0
Network - Both Atheros, and Intel.
Audio

using Mac Pro 3.1 with darkwake=10
npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=0

Update Got Sleep Working by using darkwake=10.
Auto Sleep Works -> Takes about 2 minutes to actually go to sleep. (Hey atleast it works.)

So, start Maverics.app, wait for installation to finish, install multibeast with audio, network and new chimera?

I think I will also need to reset the boot drive, as I did with the update to 10.8.4. Still waiting for more success stories though. :p

Can anyone offer a step-by-step?

I’m still on 10.8.3 with this motherboard, I built it about 10 months ago and I don’t really remember how I did it to be honest. Also, the thumb drive I originally booted from got wiped out and I do not remember how I did it.. :(

I bought Lion legit from the Apple store, that’s all I remember.

I know I used the Tonymac stuff to install it but no memory of how I did it. It’s installed on a 180gb SSD and all the rest of my files are on a bunch of 2tb disks.

I (and I’m sure several others) would be eternally grateful for an idiot’s walkthrough on upgrading.

What sort of thumb drive should I prepare? I have a 16gb blank drive I can use (I used it originally to install from).
What should I do next? I can’t find a way to download the update file from apple, it only wants to let me click the upgrade button.

What happens when you click it? Will my computer be able to reboot from it’s own disk?

Help! Please?? :)

download latest Chimera, UniBeast & MultiBeast
* Chimera for the boot menu
* Unibeast to prepare the flash drive to boot from
* Multibeast to update the .kext (sound always fails) post installation
* you can download from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads

update Chimera (boot menu)

prepare flash drive using UniBeast
* you will need a legitimate copy of the new OS. Click ‘upgrade’ on the app store and it will download to your Applications folder an app called ‘Install OS X Mavericks’ or something similar
* follow the instructions here in the forums for how to setup a flash disk
* http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

reboot machine and boot from flash drive
* this is to install the new OS X

once rebooted, run MultiBeast to update any .kext that may be broken

Upgraded using the Unibeast/Mutlibeast method. Install was successful and just had to install audio, network etc. Multibeast installed very slowly as mentioned previously by Holstsgate.

I am having issues with iMessage however. I get the following error "Could not sign into iMessage, An error occurred during activation. Try again". Is anyone else having this issue and know how to solve it?

Everyone that has mentioned they have had no problems, is your iMessage working fine?

Thanks

this is well documented here on the forums:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...essages-unable-authenticate-6.html#post412258

but yeah its in relation to your adapter settings. your ethernet adapter needs to be en0 but your wifi adapter has stolen the spot and labelled itself as en0 instead (ethernet will be en1). apples update servers require your ethernet to be lab bled as en0 (weird I know). take a look at the above link as it will have the explanation.

once rebooted, run MultiBeast to update any .kext that may be broken

I did all the steps but never could figure out how to run MultiBeast. Do you do that after a successful install of Mavericks? Does it have to be fully operational?

The reason I ask is I was able to install (upgrade from Mt Lion) Mavericks but after install, when I select my volume to boot from at boot loader I get a kernel panic.

Can you recommend a fix?

this is well documented here on the forums:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...essages-unable-authenticate-6.html#post412258

but yeah its in relation to your adapter settings. your ethernet adapter needs to be en0 but your wifi adapter has stolen the spot and labelled itself as en0 instead (ethernet will be en1). apples update servers require your ethernet to be lab bled as en0 (weird I know). take a look at the above link as it will have the explanation.

I don't think it's the same issue.

My Messages isn't working after a clean install. I have no wifi, just the two built in ethernet. ifconfig lists them as en0, en1. I'm using en0 as I was in ML (cable still plugged into same port, was working in ML).

App store works, just Messages is giving that same error we had that ML update break it.

For those of you who are having trouble logging into iMessage, have you tried using Clover instead of Chimera?

Saratoga:

At boot prompt, press SPACE to stop the booting
You can then type boot commands;
I would suggest you try: -v -x (and then press ENTER to resume boot sequence)
( -x is safe mode)
See if boot goes further;
BTW, I saw that you did post on another thread a kernel panic capture;
this seems related from what I saw to ACPIPlatform kext
if you manage to boot in safe mode, run multibeast 6
Then among the options , click on Drivers > System
select AppleACPIPlatform rollback
select 10.8.1 rollback

On multibeast , select in addition :
1) quick start > DSDT Free (this will setup bootloader chameleon, smbios, basic kexts such as fakesmc etc)
2) for audio: Drivers > audio > realtek ALC > without DSDT > alc 898
3) for ethernet: Drivers > Network > select Atheros and Intel

Don't know your graphics card so can't help there.

For those of you who are having trouble logging into iMessage, have you tried using Clover instead of Chimera?

iMessage is working with Chimera on Mavericks. As long as you have the FileNVram.kext v1.1.2 in /Extra/Modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back