Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried it today. GA-Z77X-UP5 TH using the on-board graphics. Hangs on the Apple logo screen, doesn't get to the installer. Tried -x to boot to safe mode didn't make a difference. Also tried GraphicsEnabler=No, no luck. Had Mountain Lion installed without this issue.

EDIT: Waited longer than 5 minutes, possibly 10 and the installer finally came up.

So I updated to Mavericks! Went though 2 problems:

1. Make sure you update Chimera before you do this. I was on 2.0.1 and it would not boot.

2. iMessage is not working anymore since I've upgraded to 2.2.1. Still trying to fix it. Anybody want to send me there extras folder so I can compare what I got or can anyone give me any tips? I've tried to to the FileNVRAM.dylib and no success.

Also, can anybody with an Ivy Bridge play a iTunes downloaded video with this motherboard.

Thanks for the help in advance

Cheers mate, got it working now, just had to the usual update sound issue, other than that I'm flying! Haven't got iMessage so can't comment on that. If I get an iPad or iPhone anytime soon I'll probable bye posting back here.

Thanks for the advice and good luck

Just updated & boots up just fine!

Issues I'm seeing so far..

Can't sign into iMessage
Can't sign into app store.. which means you can't use any of the apps that were purchased..

No app store is no good. Gotta be able to use the apps I've bought. Looks like I'll be waiting to hear more info from people on here before I install this.

hey trying to update i got usb ready with unibeast but now it gets stuck at the apple logo and freezes up i typed -v -x and i got this where it freezes. can anyone help me? ps this is my first hackintosh.. i was previously on snow leopard so i could download mavericks and set up the usb drive
View attachment 70503

No app store is no good. Gotta be able to use the apps I've bought. Looks like I'll be waiting to hear more info from people on here before I install this.

Was able to fix it. You have to remove the networkinterfaces plist file.. reboot.. re-add the network interface. This fixes the app store issue but iMessage is still down. I don't have time tonight, but will have to try the NVRam thing that was issued for 10.8.5 to fix the iMessage issue.

I'm struggling, created USB stick with latest unibeast, pick USB at login, then I get a quick flash of a white screen with an apple logo before it restarts and back via power cycle. I have tried entering all the various arguments with no luck. when I use -v I see all the lines spitting out but when it gets to the end, whatever is making it crash goes to quick for me to see. Gutted as I want to get this working!

Any suggestions welcome.

Exactly same board, exact same problem. Hopefully we'll find a fix soon!

posting from successful mavericks install ! was almost without glitch (one issue with graphics though)

hardware:
z77x-ud5h
i7 3770
gtx 660 twin frozer
16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
webcam logitech c910

Steps and issues:
- boot with unibeast with -v -x flags
- install over ML 10.8.4

- had to disable integrated Intel (HD 4000) in BIOS
==if not disabled, boot hangs on infamous 'MISSING BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER ' error

What is working:
- audio (toleda 10.9 patched kext)
- network
- qe/ci with 660 gtx
- webcam
- store

Did not test iMessages (not using it)

Can anyone offer a step-by-step?

I’m still on 10.8.3 with this motherboard, I built it about 10 months ago and I don’t really remember how I did it to be honest. Also, the thumb drive I originally booted from got wiped out and I do not remember how I did it.. :(

I bought Lion legit from the Apple store, that’s all I remember.

I know I used the Tonymac stuff to install it but no memory of how I did it. It’s installed on a 180gb SSD and all the rest of my files are on a bunch of 2tb disks.

I (and I’m sure several others) would be eternally grateful for an idiot’s walkthrough on upgrading.

What sort of thumb drive should I prepare? I have a 16gb blank drive I can use (I used it originally to install from).
What should I do next? I can’t find a way to download the update file from apple, it only wants to let me click the upgrade button.

What happens when you click it? Will my computer be able to reboot from it’s own disk?

Help! Please?? :)

Upgraded using the Unibeast/Mutlibeast method. Install was successful and just had to install audio, network etc. Multibeast installed very slowly as mentioned previously by Holstsgate.

I am having issues with iMessage however. I get the following error "Could not sign into iMessage, An error occurred during activation. Try again". Is anyone else having this issue and know how to solve it?

Everyone that has mentioned they have had no problems, is your iMessage working fine?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back