i7-6950X
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Stork posted this here....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/

Update Procedure(s)

Here's the step by step way to update for those who aren't using the nVidia Maxwell graphics cards. For Nvidia Maxwell card users, see below
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.5 - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting into Sierra, you can:
:ch: Check to see if your audio is working (If you enabled Realtek on-board audio using the latest MultiBeast for Sierra or toleda's CloverALC120 script, your audio should be OK),
:ch: (Optional) Check to see if your TRIM setting has survived through the update (About this Mac > System > System Report > NVMExpress or SATA/SATA Express) - if not, use the "trimforce" Terminal command (1); if you've used the "trimforce" command in El Capitan, then it should "survive" the update, but check to make sure; and
:ch:Re-boot
:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) You will need to update using RehabMan's patcher script for 10.12.5. See the installation instructions and this Post here.
For Nvidia Maxwell graphic cards users (see 2nd and 3rd note above), you'll need to do the following:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or use the MAS update;
:ch: Run the Sierra 10.12.4 Mac App Store Update - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting, the Nvidia driver will prompt you to update to the latest driver and reboot when its completed it's installation;
:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) Update your HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patch-nvme. See this Post here.

Problem is I can't get the update to boot to the login screen (black) like the graphics driver did not install...

I have been trying to follow this thread as well...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Should I install the latest NVIDIA driver before restarting the computer to install OS 10.12.5?
Any suggestions or step by step instructions would be appreciated. :)

thanks

bump!

Still no luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back