Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Hi, I'm trying to update from a working Sierra to High Sierra.

I'm following the rules on this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

But I'm a little lost. I know it's basic, but to update clover, is the simplest way to open multibeast, chose boot loader and "Clover UEFI Boot Mode", and build? I don't quite understand if that's the right option for me just to update.

Please let me know.. thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 2.04.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 2.04.43 PM.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi, I'm trying to update from a working Sierra to High Sierra.

I'm following the rules on this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

But I'm a little lost. I know it's basic, but to update clover, is the simplest way to open multibeast, chose boot loader and "Clover UEFI Boot Mode", and build? I don't quite understand if that's the right option for me just to update.

Please let me know.. thank you!

Hi there.

Yes, the v10.4 of MultiBeast for High Sierra will do the job.

For safety, first thing you should do is back-up your present EFI folder - just in case. So, mount the EFI partition and then simply copy the entire EFI folder to somewhere safe like another drive or USB flash-drive.

To update Clover you can use MultiBeast or the official, full Clover release file. Either version of Clover should be clever enough to read your present settings and just update the necessary files.

If you use the latest standalone Clover installer you can select the "Customize" button at bottom-left when you reach the Installation Type panel, "Standard Install on Macintosh HD" (or whatever you've called your drive). You will see that you can Install, Skip or Upgrade each file. Hopefully Clover identifies what need updating without your intervention.

The MultiBeast version doesn't offer the customization option but should still do the job. Remember, if you need NVRAM emulation, select that version of Clover.

If anything goes wrong you can just copy back your saved EFI folder and this will restore things to how they were before you started. Also, good to keep your UniBeast installer drive handy as a further precaution.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back